Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Tulsa - January 11th, 2020
Utah Grizzlies (18-11-6) at Tulsa Oilers (15-20-3). BOK Center. Saturday January 11, 2020. 6:00 pm MST. Classic Country 1370, 104.3 FM HD-2. ECHL.TV.
The Grizzlies continue the four game road trip tonight at BOK Center against the Tulsa Oilers. It's the 5th season meeting between the clubs, with Utah winning 3 of the 4 meetings.
Despite a 3 game losing streak the Grizzlies have standings points in 14 of their last 17 games. They have been one of the best defensive teams in the league as they have allowed the fewest amount of goals in the Mountain division with 97, 5th best total in the league.
The Grizzlies are looking for a bounce back effort after being shut out 3-0 at Wichita last night. It was the first time they have been shut out since November 3rd vs Idaho. They will look to Ty Lewis and Griffen Molino, who are each tied for the team lead with 14 goals. Their teammate Tim McGauley leads the team with 42 points and leads the league in plus-minus at +29.
Forward Dalton Mills made his Grizzlies and league debut last night vs Wichita. He wore number 21 for Utah. He played with the Grizz in the preseason. He played both last season and this year with the SPHL's Quad City Storm.
Face-off for tonight's game is at 6:00 PM MST. You can stream the game live on ECHL.TV or by listening to Classic Country 1370. Follow the Utah Grizzlies on social media to stay up to date on all the action as well. Next home game will be on Friday, January 17th vs Wichita. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2020
- Battochio Backs up for Series Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Vaive Nets Hat Trick to Win Cyclones the Series - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Take Third Period Lead, Fall Late in Allen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Win a Back and Forth Affair with Kalamazoo - Allen Americans
- Ramsay Moves into 400 Club with 4-0 Win over KC - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Cooled off in Wichita, 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Three Millionth Fan Highlights Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Sweeps Two Game Series with the Walleye - Indy Fuel
- Thompson Stymies 'Blades to Lead Stingrays to 4-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Storm Troopers Power Past the Railers 5-3 - Worcester Railers HC
- Thompson Shines as Rays Sink Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Growlers Halt the Railers 5-3, Earn 8th Straight Victory - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Defeat Mariners for First Time in Seven Meetings - Maine Mariners
- IceMen & City of Jacksonville to Host the 2021 Warrior / ECHL All-Star Classic - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Penalty Kill Shines in 4-2 Win over Mariners - Adirondack Thunder
- Jacksonville Selected as Host of 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Toledo vs Red Wings in Winterfest Alumni Game - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Rapid City Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mercier's Hat Trick Propels IceMen to 7-3 Win over Atlanta - Jacksonville IceMen
- Bobby Lynch Returns from AHL Manitoba - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Look for Sweep against Kalamazoo - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Tulsa - January 11th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Goaltender Michael McNiven Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's Laval Rocket - Norfolk Admirals
- D Eric Knodel Recalled by Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Fast Start, Fall to Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Dump Kalamazoo in Overtime - Allen Americans
- Grizz Shut out in Wichita 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Beast Conquer Lowcountry in Anastas' Return - Brampton Beast
- Windsor's Third Shutout Gives Solar Bears 5-0 Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quenneville Strikes for Four against Former Team - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.