Americans Win a Back and Forth Affair with Kalamazoo
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, won a crazy game 6-4, against the Kalamazoo Wings on Saturday, on a big night for Gabe Gagne.
Gabe Gagne had the hat trick on Saturday night, his first of the season with his 20th, 21st and 22nd goals of the year. He had one of two power play goals for Allen. Stepan Falkovsky had the other. Allen was 2 for 7 with the man-advantage. Brett Pollock scored his 11th of the season and scored for the second night in a row. Alex Guptill added his 16th of the season.
Dereck Baribeau, who returned from Iowa this morning, got the start and the win for the Americans. He stopped 27 of 31 Kalamazoo shots.
"I felt good out there tonight," said Gabe Gagne. "I have a good shot and if you give me the opportunity, I'll take it. It's frustrating that we keep giving up leads, but the good thing is we have the team that can come back in any situation."
The Americans continue the homestand on Monday night against the Utah Grizzlies at 7:05 pm. Tickets are on sale NOW at www.allenamericans.com.
Images from this story
Gabe Gagne of the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2020
- Battochio Backs up for Series Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Vaive Nets Hat Trick to Win Cyclones the Series - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Take Third Period Lead, Fall Late in Allen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Win a Back and Forth Affair with Kalamazoo - Allen Americans
- Ramsay Moves into 400 Club with 4-0 Win over KC - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Cooled off in Wichita, 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Three Millionth Fan Highlights Nickelodeon Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Sweeps Two Game Series with the Walleye - Indy Fuel
- Thompson Stymies 'Blades to Lead Stingrays to 4-1 Win - Florida Everblades
- Storm Troopers Power Past the Railers 5-3 - Worcester Railers HC
- Thompson Shines as Rays Sink Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Growlers Halt the Railers 5-3, Earn 8th Straight Victory - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Defeat Mariners for First Time in Seven Meetings - Maine Mariners
- IceMen & City of Jacksonville to Host the 2021 Warrior / ECHL All-Star Classic - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Penalty Kill Shines in 4-2 Win over Mariners - Adirondack Thunder
- Jacksonville Selected as Host of 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Toledo vs Red Wings in Winterfest Alumni Game - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Rapid City Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mercier's Hat Trick Propels IceMen to 7-3 Win over Atlanta - Jacksonville IceMen
- Bobby Lynch Returns from AHL Manitoba - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Look for Sweep against Kalamazoo - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Tulsa - January 11th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Goaltender Michael McNiven Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's Laval Rocket - Norfolk Admirals
- D Eric Knodel Recalled by Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Oilers Can't Capitalize on Fast Start, Fall to Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Dump Kalamazoo in Overtime - Allen Americans
- Grizz Shut out in Wichita 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Beast Conquer Lowcountry in Anastas' Return - Brampton Beast
- Windsor's Third Shutout Gives Solar Bears 5-0 Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quenneville Strikes for Four against Former Team - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.