Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, February 14, 2020
Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Icemen
Friday, February 14, 2020 at Veterans Memorial Arena Home Game #18
Referee: Eric Krasnichuk (#18) Linesmen: Cole Ruwe (#42) & Trent Williams (#48)
Broadcast Information: www.mixlr. com/jaxicemen & ECHL.TV
Ticket Information: Tickets availanle at arena box office, or online CLICK HERE
About Tonight's Game: Tonight's South Division match-up features the Jacksonville Icemen and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. The Icemen have won four straight games and have collected points in their last five games (4-0-1-0). Jacksonville is coming off a successful road weekend that featured a pair of wins at Norfolk and a 6-3 victory over the first place South Carolina Stingrays. The plethora of points last week propelled the Icemen to within eight points of the fourth and final playoff position in the South Division currently held by Orlando. Meanwhile, Greenville sits in third, holding a ten-point lead over Jacksonville. However, the Icemen will still have six games in hand over Greenville following tonight's game.
Series History: The Icemen lead the All-Time Series 14-9-1-0, while Grenville leads the season series 4-1-0.
About the Icemen: Both Chase Lang and Mike Hedden are coming off seven-point weeks. Lang's four goals and three assists helped him earn ECHL Player of the Week honors. Lang is currently riding a seven-game points streak, posting 11 points (5g, 6a) during this stretch. Meanwhile forward Brendan Warren has recorded a goal in each of his last five games....The Icemen's offense has ignited during this four-game winning streak, outscoring their opponents 23-11 during this stretch....Yesterday, Manitoba (AHL) returned forward Bobby Lynch to Jacksonville and recalled forward Alexis D'Aoust
About the Swamp Rabbits: Veteran forward Nathan Perkovich leads Greenville in scoring against the Icemen this season with six points (2g, 4a)....Captain Mike Pelech leads the Swamp Rabbits with 41 points in 50 games. Forward Liam Pecararo is always a prominent threat. Pecararo has amassed 33 points (18g, 15a) in just 27 games played.....Greenville's roster features former Icemen goaltender Jeremy Helvig. Helvig made three appearances with the Icemen earlier this season.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Saturday, February 15, vs. Adirondack, 7:00 p.m. - Hockey Registers to Vote Night! Come enjoy some Icemen hockey and get registered to vote while you are here!
Sunday, February 16, vs. South Carolina, 3:00 p.m. - Publix Family Fundays! The Icemen will wear special Publix themed Jerseys!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 14, 2020
- Oilers Dominate Thunder on Valentine's Day Thanks to Ian McNulty Hat Trick - Tulsa Oilers
- Hensick Scores a Pair, But Walleye Fall to Wings in OT - Toledo Walleye
- Sol Train: 'Blades Down Gladiators to Push Home Point Streak to Seven - Florida Everblades
- No Love for Swamp Rabbits in OT Loss to Jacksonville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Fucale, May Lead Solar Bears to 4-0 Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Taylor Completes K-Wings Dramatic Comeback in Overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Win Fifth Straight with 4-3 Overtime Victory over Greenville - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Skate Past Wichita, 7-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Drop Front End of Weekend Set against Utah, 5-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Get Sweet Ending with Valentine's Day Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Erupt in Third Period to Overpower the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Tough Love for Gladiators on Valentine's Day - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Fall in Opener of Homestand - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Lots of Hearts for the Nailers in 5-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Curti's Late Goal Earns Thunder Point in Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals' Valentine's Day Sweetness Is 3-1 Win at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Growlers Capture ECHL History - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Can't Stop Growlers Win Streak in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 14 - ECHL
- Forward Luke Nogard Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Try to Push Home Point Streak to Seven on Friday - Florida Everblades
- John McCarron Signs PTO with AHL's Stockton Heat - Florida Everblades
- Royals Add Beer Fest to Fri., February 21 Game - Reading Royals
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Celebrate 40th Anniversary of 'Miracle on Ice' February 23 - Maine Mariners
- Komets Host Indy Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, February 14, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Road Trip Continues Tonight in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Kansas City. February 14, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Royals Lead Beast by 2 Points for 2nd Place - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville IceMen Stories
- IceMen Acquire Forward Ara Nazarian from Adirondack
- IceMen's Arena Lease Extended Through 2030-31 Season
- IceMen to Host a Virtual Opening Night on Saturday, October 24
- IceMen Bring Back Luke Shiplo & Craig Martin
- IceMen Announce Initial Schedule for the 2020-21 Season