Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals
VENUE: Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.
WATCH: ECHL.TV & Facebook (ECHL Showcase Game)
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr and TuneIn
Heart Health Awareness Night, presented by AdventHealth - The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a commemorative puck, courtesy of AdventHealth, the official healthcare provider for your Orlando Solar Bears.
Purchase tickets for Friday, Feb. 14 vs. Norfolk Admirals
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (21-21-5-1) face the Norfolk Admirals (12-32-5-0) in the fifth of eight meetings this season. One team will have an opportunity to break out of their funk tonight, a the Solar Bears have dropped three straight home matches, while the Admirals are in the midst of an 11-game tailspin, going 1-9-1-0 dating back to Jan. 15. Norfolk has also lost its last four games in regulation, outscored by a 28-5 margin.
OLSON CLOSING IN ON SINGLE-SEASON SHORTHANDED MARK: Trevor Olson tallied his third shorthanded goal of the season on Sunday, moving him into a tie with five other players in prior seasons for the second-most shorthanded goals scored by a Solar Bears player in a season. His next shorthanded marker will tie Mathieu Foget's club record of four set during the 2018-19 campaign, and will give him six in his Solar Bears career, another franchise record.
RACE TO THE TOP: Olson and Chris LeBlanc are currently in a race after entering the franchise's Top 10 leaderboard for goals on Sunday. Both LeBlanc and Olson have 32 goals in their careers with Orlando, tied with 2013-14 ECHL MVP Mickey Lang for ninth on the franchise list. Their next goals will tie them for eighth with Eric Baier and C.J. Severyn, and should they score six additional goals down the stretch it will be enough to give LeBlanc and/or Olson possession of third on the franchise list, passing Brett Findlay (38).
BRODZINSKI MAKES RETURN: Defenseman Michael Brodzinski was activated off the team's reserve list on Wednesday, and the blueliner will dress tonight after missing the past four games after sustaining an injury in Orlando's 5-2 win at Wheeling on Feb. 1. Brodzinski has been instrumental in the on-ice success of the Solar Bears this season; the team is 10-6-1-0 when he records a point and 5-0-0-0 when Brodzinski enjoys a multi-point performance.
SOLAR BEARS TO PLAY FIRST GAME UNDER NEW VIDEO REPLAY RULE: Tonight's game marks the first match since the ECHL adopted an addendum effective Feb. 10 that adds goaltender interference to the list of circumstances which are eligible for video replay review, at the discretion of the game's referee.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Alex Rodriguez is tied for the Admirals team lead in goal-scoring against the Solar Bears with two goals. He also has recorded two points (1g-1a) over his last two games for Norfolk. Rodriguez leads the active roster in head-to-head plus-minus against Orlando with a +2 rating.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears host the Norfolk Admirals on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. for Military Appreciation Night, presented by Hunter Vision. Saturday's game will also air LIVE on WKMG-TV News 6.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 14, 2020
- Oilers Dominate Thunder on Valentine's Day Thanks to Ian McNulty Hat Trick - Tulsa Oilers
- Hensick Scores a Pair, But Walleye Fall to Wings in OT - Toledo Walleye
- Sol Train: 'Blades Down Gladiators to Push Home Point Streak to Seven - Florida Everblades
- No Love for Swamp Rabbits in OT Loss to Jacksonville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Fucale, May Lead Solar Bears to 4-0 Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Taylor Completes K-Wings Dramatic Comeback in Overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Win Fifth Straight with 4-3 Overtime Victory over Greenville - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Skate Past Wichita, 7-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Drop Front End of Weekend Set against Utah, 5-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Get Sweet Ending with Valentine's Day Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Erupt in Third Period to Overpower the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Tough Love for Gladiators on Valentine's Day - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Fall in Opener of Homestand - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Lots of Hearts for the Nailers in 5-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Curti's Late Goal Earns Thunder Point in Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals' Valentine's Day Sweetness Is 3-1 Win at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Growlers Capture ECHL History - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Can't Stop Growlers Win Streak in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 14 - ECHL
- Forward Luke Nogard Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Try to Push Home Point Streak to Seven on Friday - Florida Everblades
- John McCarron Signs PTO with AHL's Stockton Heat - Florida Everblades
- Royals Add Beer Fest to Fri., February 21 Game - Reading Royals
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Celebrate 40th Anniversary of 'Miracle on Ice' February 23 - Maine Mariners
- Komets Host Indy Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, February 14, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Road Trip Continues Tonight in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Kansas City. February 14, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Royals Lead Beast by 2 Points for 2nd Place - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.