John McCarron Signs PTO with AHL's Stockton Heat
ESTERO, Fla. - The American Hockey League's Stockton Heat signed on Friday Florida Everblades captain John McCarron to a professional tryout (PTO) contract.
McCarron, 27, is in his fourth season with the Everblades and fifth year as a pro and ranks fifth all-time in franchise history in goals (91), assists (125) and points (216).
A native of Macomb, Michigan, McCarron is serving as the 'Blades captain for the second straight season and has played in 46 games this year. He leads the team in assists with 28 and is third in scoring with 40 points. McCarron, who was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round, 153rd overall, in the 2012 NHL Draft, has tabbed multiple points in seven contests this year.
Measuring 6 feet 3 inches and weighing 220 pounds, McCarron just hit the 300-game milestone for his pro career in Florida's game on Tuesday against the Atlanta Gladiators. He has tabbed 247 career points (105g, 142a) in 271 career ECHL contests since debuting with the Wheeling Nailers in the 2015-16 season.
Prior to turning pro, McCarron played four seasons at Cornell University from 2011-15. He captained the Big Red as both a junior and senior and notched 74 career points (24g, 50a) with the program in 131 games.
Florida opens a two-game home series against the Atlanta Gladiators on Friday. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Hertz Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 14, 2020
- Oilers Dominate Thunder on Valentine's Day Thanks to Ian McNulty Hat Trick - Tulsa Oilers
- Hensick Scores a Pair, But Walleye Fall to Wings in OT - Toledo Walleye
- Sol Train: 'Blades Down Gladiators to Push Home Point Streak to Seven - Florida Everblades
- No Love for Swamp Rabbits in OT Loss to Jacksonville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Fucale, May Lead Solar Bears to 4-0 Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Taylor Completes K-Wings Dramatic Comeback in Overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Win Fifth Straight with 4-3 Overtime Victory over Greenville - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Skate Past Wichita, 7-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Drop Front End of Weekend Set against Utah, 5-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Get Sweet Ending with Valentine's Day Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Erupt in Third Period to Overpower the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Tough Love for Gladiators on Valentine's Day - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Fall in Opener of Homestand - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Lots of Hearts for the Nailers in 5-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Curti's Late Goal Earns Thunder Point in Overtime Loss - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals' Valentine's Day Sweetness Is 3-1 Win at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Growlers Capture ECHL History - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Can't Stop Growlers Win Streak in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 14 - ECHL
- Forward Luke Nogard Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Try to Push Home Point Streak to Seven on Friday - Florida Everblades
- John McCarron Signs PTO with AHL's Stockton Heat - Florida Everblades
- Royals Add Beer Fest to Fri., February 21 Game - Reading Royals
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Celebrate 40th Anniversary of 'Miracle on Ice' February 23 - Maine Mariners
- Komets Host Indy Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, February 14, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Road Trip Continues Tonight in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Kansas City. February 14, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Royals Lead Beast by 2 Points for 2nd Place - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.