Comrie the Difference in 1-0 Win over Milwaukee
The Manitoba Moose (23-30-0-0) edged the Milwaukee Admirals (34-11-4-3) in a 1-0 victory on Saturday night at Bell MTS Place.
The clubs exchanged power play opportunities during the first period but neither team was able to capitalize. In the final minutes of the frame, Jimmy Oligny ripped a shot through traffic that found its way past Admirals netminder Troy Grosenick however it rang off the post and the period remained scoreless.
Eric Comrie was solid for the Moose during the second frame and stopped all 13 shots he faced. The post continued to be an obstacle for Manitoba during the second as Skyler McKenzie and Johnathan Kovacevic both found iron on their attempts.
With 6:49 off the clock in the third period, Logan Stanley sent an outlet pass to Brent Pedersen who out-raced his opponent and found the top shelf to give Manitoba the 1-0 lead. Eric Comrie was dominant for Manitoba and stopped all 35 attempts securing the victory.
Eric Comrie posted his first shutout of the 2019-20 campaign and the ninth of his AHL career
Two of Brent Pedersen's three goals on the season are game-winning tallies What's Next?
The Moose matchup against the Milwaukee Admirals on Monday, Feb. 17. Puck drop is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2020
- Stars Shutout by Rampage in 2-0 Loss - Texas Stars
- Comrie the Difference in 1-0 Win over Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Frost Scores to Help Lehigh Valley Earn a Point against Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ville Husso Earns Shutout over Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Wild Clipped by Gulls in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Get by Crunch in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Dropped by Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Sweep Hershey Bears With 4-2 Win - Binghamton Devils
- Hot Wild No Match for Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Drop 3-2 Game in Bridgeport - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 4-3, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Double Bears 4-2, Sweep Home-And-Home - Hershey Bears
- Holmstrom scores twice to help Bridgeport extend its points streak to four games (3-0-1-0) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Use Shootout to Complete Comeback Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Admirals Shutout by Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Held off by IceHogs in 4-1 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Abols' OT Tip Pushes T-Birds Past Checkers - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Come Back to Claim Point But Fall in OT - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Beaten in Overtime by Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mathieu Joseph to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Colton Point to Texas - Texas Stars
- Flyers Recall Friedman, Knodel and Drake Recalled from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Host Senators for Second Half of Home-And-Home - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Sign Forward Branden Troock to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Heat Take on Tucson Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, February 15 - Belleville Senators
- Sabres Recall Hammond, Gilmour from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Devils, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 48 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 15, 2020 at Syracuse Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Reign Double up Stockton, 6-3 - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Shuts out San Diego in 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Top Stars in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Tuulola, Ruzicka Post Multi-Point Efforts as Heat Fall to Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.