Comets Shutout by Belleville
Utica, NY. - The Comets were unable to dig out of an early 2-0 hole as they fell to the Belleville Senators 4-0 Saturday night at the Adirondack Bank Center. Zane McIntyre made 14 saves in the loss.
Max Lajoie scored 8:02 into the first period when his long shot from the point found its way past McIntyre. Morgan Klimchuk doubled their lead with seven minutes to go on the power play, deflecting a pass from Michael Carcone.
Parker Kelly extended the lead to 3-0 at the 12:30 mark of the second period with a one-timer that beat McIntyre after a scramble in front of the Comets' net.
The Comets had their chances to rally in the third, including a pair of power plays and 13 total shots, but were unable to solve Joey Daccord. Joe LaBate sealed the game with an empty netter with 2:16 to play in regulation.
The Comets are back in action Wednesday night at home against the Hartford Wolf Pack to open Save of the Day week. Puck drop is at 7 p.m. Tickets are still available at the Box Office, over the phone by calling (315) 790-9070, or online at www.empirestatetix.com. The game can be heard on 94.9 KROCK and viewed on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Eagles Point Streak Snapped in 4-2 Loss to Roadrunners - Colorado Eagles
- Johns, Stars Stun Marlies in 5-3 Comeback Victory - Texas Stars
- Late Zykov Goal Pushes Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 vs. Marlies 3 - Texas Stars
- Griffins Win Third Straight, Move into Tie for Fourth - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Alex Lyon Roars to 37-Save Shutout against Laval - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Early Lead Dissipates Quickly in Loss - Manitoba Moose
- P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Sweep San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Drop Heartbreaker to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Stun Wolf Pack with 3-0 Shutout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Daccord Posts First Career Shutout in Utica Win - Belleville Senators
- Bears Mash Monsters, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lorito and Bourque each score during first game of Military Appreciation Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Denied 6th Straight Win in Fierce Showdown with Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- McCormick's Hat Trick Leads Checkers to 5-2 Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- DeSmith Controls Wolf Pack in 3-0 Loss to Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Clipped by Bears in Hershey, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Shutout by Belleville - Utica Comets
- Barracuda Overheat, Fall to Stockton 2-0 - San Jose Barracuda
- Coyotes Recall Prosvetov; Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Zagidulin Earns First AHL Shutout in Saturday Win - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Top IceHogs in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Condors Home Tonight for Pet Leash Giveaway at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brandon Anselmini to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Extend Win Streak to Five, Thump the Crunch 7-5 - Laval Rocket
- Defenseman Eric Knodel Recalled from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Syracuse Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 11 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Monsters, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Defender Christian Djoos Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game 35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Rally Falls Short against Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Mahura Lefts Gulls in Overtime - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to San Diego 4-3 in Overtime - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Drop First Road Game Since November 30 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Cap Road Trip in Style with 5-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.