Condors Home Tonight for Pet Leash Giveaway at 7 p.m.
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Iowa Wild on Pet Awareness Night with pet leash giveaway at 7 p.m. Bakersfield is on a five-game home point streak and starts a four-game homestand tonight. Tickets are available online at AXS.com or at the Mechanics Bank Arena Box Office which opens at noon.
PROMOTION DETAILS: The first 2,000 fans, 16 and older, will receive a Condors pet leash presented by KGET-17. ALT 106.1 KRAB Radio, and Marley's Mutts. Pets from the Kern County Animal Service will be available for adoption pre-game. Player designed pet bowls will be silent auctioned at the Condors Community Foundation Hub with proceeds benefiting local charities. A K-9 from Bakersfield Police Department will drop the ceremonial puck and provide a demonstration during the first intermission. Darren Carr, head coach of the state champion BCHS football team, will wind the siren pre-game.
EAT & DRINK
Corn on the cob
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Enjoy the Ice Level Lounge (21+) with games, TV's, bars, and music next to the glass. Just need a ticket to the game!
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP presented by PCL: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: LW Tyler Benson and G Dylan Wells
The Bakersfield Condors step out of the Pacific Division for the first of two straight against the Iowa Wild. It is the third meeting overall between the two teams as the Condors could only gather a point when the teams met in November in Des Moines. The Condors went 3-1-0 against Iowa a season ago.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield went 3-1-0 on a four-game road trip to start 2020 after a 5-3 win last night in Ontario. The Condors power play went a perfect 3/3 and the team's penalty kill went 4/4 and scored shorthanded. Five players had multi-point games and G Stuart Skinner stopped 40 as the Condors have earned points in six of seven games (5-1-1).
Iowa picked up three of a possible four points to start their California trip following a 4-3 overtime loss in San Diego last night. RW Gerry Mayhew had a goal and assist in the loss for the Wild. Reigning AHL Player of the Week RW Sam Anas had two points (1g-1a).
LW Tyler Benson had two assists last night to continue to pace the Condors in scoring for the second consecutive season. He is the third Condors player in the AHL to reach 100 points with the team (Currie, LaLeggia) and the quickest to get to the century mark. On the season, he has eight goals and 23 assists for 31 points in 34 games.
BOUCHARD LEADS ROOKIES
D Evan Bouchard opened the scoring last night with his sixth goal of the season. That total is tied for first among first-year blueliners in the AHL. His 20 points are fourth among rookie d-men. Overall, Bouchard is t-14th among all AHL rookies in scoring.
G Stuart Skinner returned from the ECHL and has made seven consecutive starts for the Condors. Over that stretch he is 5-1-1 overall with a 2.97 GAA and a .916 save percentage. His 40 saves last night was his most since a 42-save performance at Ontario on Nov. 2.
D Joel Persson has six points (1g-5a) in his last six games... LW Tyler Benson has five multi-point games in his last eight (1g-11a)... C Markus Granlund notched a goal and assist in his second game with the Condors last night... The Condors are 11-5-1 in their last 16 January games... Bakersfield is 3-0-2 in its last five on home ice. 12 of the next 18 games are at home for the Condors through February 22.
RW Gerry Mayhew leads the AHL with 24 goals. He and teammate RW Sam Anas are both in the top five in AHL scoring. Anas is second in assists with 29. The Wild have three players in the top-20 in league scoring (Mayhew, Anas, Rau)... D Brennan Menell is t-4th among d-men in scoring.
Jan. 8 - C Markus Granlund added to roster
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Eagles Point Streak Snapped in 4-2 Loss to Roadrunners - Colorado Eagles
- Johns, Stars Stun Marlies in 5-3 Comeback Victory - Texas Stars
- Late Zykov Goal Pushes Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 vs. Marlies 3 - Texas Stars
- Griffins Win Third Straight, Move into Tie for Fourth - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Alex Lyon Roars to 37-Save Shutout against Laval - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Early Lead Dissipates Quickly in Loss - Manitoba Moose
- P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Sweep San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Drop Heartbreaker to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Stun Wolf Pack with 3-0 Shutout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Daccord Posts First Career Shutout in Utica Win - Belleville Senators
- Bears Mash Monsters, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lorito and Bourque each score during first game of Military Appreciation Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Denied 6th Straight Win in Fierce Showdown with Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- McCormick's Hat Trick Leads Checkers to 5-2 Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- DeSmith Controls Wolf Pack in 3-0 Loss to Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Clipped by Bears in Hershey, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Shutout by Belleville - Utica Comets
- Barracuda Overheat, Fall to Stockton 2-0 - San Jose Barracuda
- Coyotes Recall Prosvetov; Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Zagidulin Earns First AHL Shutout in Saturday Win - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Top IceHogs in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Condors Home Tonight for Pet Leash Giveaway at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brandon Anselmini to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Extend Win Streak to Five, Thump the Crunch 7-5 - Laval Rocket
- Defenseman Eric Knodel Recalled from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Syracuse Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 11 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Monsters, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Defender Christian Djoos Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game 35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Rally Falls Short against Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Mahura Lefts Gulls in Overtime - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to San Diego 4-3 in Overtime - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Drop First Road Game Since November 30 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Cap Road Trip in Style with 5-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Keegan Lowe Named Condors Man of the Year
- Win a Keegan Lowe Jersey to Benefit the Mission at Kern County
- Condors Sign Devin Brosseau to Two-Year AHL Contract
- Condors Sign Blake Christensen and Janis Jaks to AHL Contracts
- Condors Sign Penn State Standout Liam Folkes