Admirals Top IceHogs in OT
Milwaukee, WI - Freddy Gaudreau scored just 36 seconds into overtime to secure a 2-1 win for the Admirals over Rockford on Saturday afternoon at Panther Arena. Connor Ingram earned the win in net, stopping 18 of the 19 shots thrown his way.
The win for Milwaukee was their second in a row and upped their record to 26-7-4-2, good for an AHL-best 58 points. The Admirals didn't get their 26th win last season until March 13.
Gaudreau's heroics started innocuously enough as he wove through the neutral zone with the puck during the 3-on-3 extra session. As he entered the Admirals zone he put on a burst of speed to get around a defenseman and then flipped a backhand that went through the crease, banked off the back of Rockford's Jacob Nilsson and into the Hogs cage.
Not his prettiest goal, to be sure, but it counted as the game-winner all the same. For Gaudreau, it was his 10th career overtime winner and first this season.
After getting shutout by the Ads last night the IceHogs stuck first today Lucas Carlsson finished off some impressive passing with his fourth goal of the year at 13:57 of the opening stanza.
Milwaukee didn't get on the board until early in the third period when Rem Pitlick struck for the second time in as many games. With the Ads on a power-play, Pitlick was stationed between the circles and fired a one-timer off a pass from Tommy Novak that beat Rockford goalie Kevin Lankinen low to the glove side.
The score stayed that way the rest of the third, setting the stage for Gaudreau's GWG.
The same two teams will meet for the third straight game on Tuesday night in Rockford. The Admirals next home game is on Wednesday, January 15 at 7 pm against the Chicago Wolves at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Eagles Point Streak Snapped in 4-2 Loss to Roadrunners - Colorado Eagles
- Johns, Stars Stun Marlies in 5-3 Comeback Victory - Texas Stars
- Late Zykov Goal Pushes Wolves Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 vs. Marlies 3 - Texas Stars
- Griffins Win Third Straight, Move into Tie for Fourth - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Alex Lyon Roars to 37-Save Shutout against Laval - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Early Lead Dissipates Quickly in Loss - Manitoba Moose
- P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Sweep San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Drop Heartbreaker to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Stun Wolf Pack with 3-0 Shutout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Daccord Posts First Career Shutout in Utica Win - Belleville Senators
- Bears Mash Monsters, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Lorito and Bourque each score during first game of Military Appreciation Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Denied 6th Straight Win in Fierce Showdown with Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- McCormick's Hat Trick Leads Checkers to 5-2 Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- DeSmith Controls Wolf Pack in 3-0 Loss to Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Clipped by Bears in Hershey, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Shutout by Belleville - Utica Comets
- Barracuda Overheat, Fall to Stockton 2-0 - San Jose Barracuda
- Coyotes Recall Prosvetov; Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Zagidulin Earns First AHL Shutout in Saturday Win - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Top IceHogs in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Condors Home Tonight for Pet Leash Giveaway at 7 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Brandon Anselmini to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Extend Win Streak to Five, Thump the Crunch 7-5 - Laval Rocket
- Defenseman Eric Knodel Recalled from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Syracuse Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 11 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Monsters, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Defender Christian Djoos Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game 35 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Rally Falls Short against Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Mahura Lefts Gulls in Overtime - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to San Diego 4-3 in Overtime - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Drop First Road Game Since November 30 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Cap Road Trip in Style with 5-3 Win - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.