'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton
DAYTON, Ohio - The TinCaps lost the final game of their four-game series at the Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds affiliate), 3-2, on a sunny Monday night at Fifth Third Field.
After four scoreless innings started the game, the TinCaps (28-34) broke open the scoring seal in the fifth when Blake Hunt doubled home Jawuan Harris with two outs.
Gabe Mosser turned in a masterful first five innings for Fort Wayne, all scoreless frames with three hits scattered across and seven strikeouts to boot. Yet, the sixth inning proved to be a different story. The Dragons (25-39) scored three runs in the sixth on four hits, chasing Mosser from the game after 5.2 innings. He struck out seven and didn't walk any, but did concede seven hits.
Fort Wayne slashed the deficit in half in the eighth via a no-doubt solo home run from Michael Curry that traveled 404 feet in the air and over the right-field fence.
The TinCaps made it interesting in the ninth, putting the potential tying run on second base with one out. However, Connor Bennett came out of the bullpen for the Dragons to get the final two outs, earn the save, and give Dayton its eighth straight victory.
Tuesday, June 11 @ Bowling Green (7:35 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Joey Cantillo
- Hot Rods Probable Starter: RHP Miller Hogan
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.