"Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11
EASTLAKE, OH - The Lake County Captains, will re-brand for one day as the "Quake" County Captains on Tuesday, June 11. The Captains will offer a special $4 ticket price on Tuesday, June 11 for anyone who survived Monday's 4.0 magnitude earthquake that originated off the Lake Erie shore in Eastlake and shook Classic Park and northeast Ohio. Gates open at 6:00 PM with first pitch at 7:00 PM.
The Captains will also feature $4 vanilla, chocolate or strawberry milkshakes at the Lake Effect Ice Cream concession stand on the concourse. In addition, the CLE Clothing Cargo Hold will be offering a $4 discount on any purchase of $25 or more. Tuesday night's game will feature earthquake inspired music and promotions as the Quake County Captains look to shake up the action at Classic Park.
While this tongue-in-cheek, one-day promotion is meant to be fun for fans in attendance at Tuesday's game, the Captains realize that severe natural disasters do happen and affect people around the world. With that said, Captains Charities will donate the proceeds from Tuesday's 50/50 raffle to the American Red Cross for natural disaster relief.
Tickets to see the Quake County Captains are available online at Captainsbaseball.com, by phone at 440-954-WINS or at the Classic Park box office.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
Other Recent Lake County Captains Stories
- Signed and Game-Used Bieber, Ram=C3=ADrez, Lindor Memorabilia Featured in Captains Charities Auction and Raffle
- Captains Promote Roth to Assistant GM, Name Maskey Director of Turf Management
- Official Statement from the Captains Regarding Sunday's Trunk Or Treat Event and COVID-19
- NCAA DIII College World Series Coming to Eastlake in 2024
- Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC Will Begin August 22