Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week
Davenport, Iowa - Quad Cities River Bandits pitcher Cody Deason has been named the Midwest League Pitcher of the Week for the week of June 3-June 9. He is the third River Bandits pitcher to earn a weekly award from the league, joining Shawn Dubin and Luis Garcia. Garcia was honored by the league last week.
Deason made the most of his lone appearance during the week at Peoria. In the final game of the series, the right-hander worked a career-high 7.0 shutout innings. The only hit he allowed in the contest was a bunt single by Brendan Donovan to open the game. Deason struck out three and walked one.
For the season, Deason owns a 3-2 record and earned run average of 4.05. The native of Ojai, California has collected 66 strikeouts in 40.0 innings of work and is limiting opposing hitters to a .218 batting average. Deason has recorded at least five strikeouts in six of his ten appearances.
The Astros made the former Arizona Wildcats pitcher their 5th round pick in the 2018 MLB Draft. He made nine appearances for the Tri-City ValleyCats in his first professional season last summer.
The River Bandits have clinched a spot in the 2019 Midwest League playoffs and have their sights set on the Western Division first half title as they battle the Kane County Cougars at 6:35 p.m. on Monday at Modern Woodmen Park. It is Free Admission Night courtesy of Modern Woodmen and there will be fireworks presented by Smart Toyota following the game.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- River Bandits Invited to Become a Kansas City Royals Affiliate
- Movies at Modern Woodmen Park
- River Bandits and Genesis Team up on COVID-19 T-Shirt
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021
- River Bandits/Purina to Hold Pet Food Pantry at Modern Woodmen Park