Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16
Your Cedar Rapids Kernels just wrapped up a long road trip and are driving to qualify for the playoffs as they open the final six-game home stand of the first half on Tuesday, June 11th. Here's what you can expect these next six games:
June 11-13 vs. Wisconsin
The Kernels host the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, the Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, in a three-game series starting Tuesday, June 11th.
It's a Great Clips Twins Tuesday when the Kernels take on Wisconsin on Tuesday, June 11th at 6:35 PM. Fans can get a special buy one ticket, get one FREE offer from the Kernels email newsletter and Facebook page. The Kernels are wearing special jerseys, sponsored by Great Clips, that will be sold via a silent auction on Friday, August 30th and one lucky fan will win a pair of tickets to a Twins game during the 2019 season. Gates open at 5:30 PM.
Baseball was meant to be played under warm, sunny skies and that's what the Kernels have on tap for Wednesday, June 12th with a Noon Game. Enjoy our Noon Game Lunch Combo, consisting of a regular sandwich, chips or popcorn and a 16 oz. regular draft beer or 20 oz. bottled soda or water for $8.50 at the Concession Stands. Gates open at 11 AM with first pitch set for 12:05 PM.
Three fans, age 18 and older, will win a 50-inch big screen TV as part of Big Screen Thursday, presented by Frist Federal Credit Union. Stop by the First Federal table on the concourse to pick up a raffle ticket and you must be present to win. It's also a 94.1 KRNA Thirsty Thursday where 12 oz. regular draft beer and 20 oz. bottled soda and water are $2 all game. And, show your college ID at the Kernels ticket office and get a Club ticket and two regular hot dogs for $9 as part of College Night. Gates open at 5:30 PM and first pitch between the Kernels and Wisconsin is set for 6:35 PM.
June 14-16 vs. Clinton
The Kernels wrap up the six-game home stand with four games against the Clinton LumberKings, the Midwest League affiliate of the Miami Marlins, starting Friday, June 14th.
U-N-I Fight, U-N-I Fight! It's UNI Night at the Kernels on Friday, June 14th. Be here when the gates open at 5:30 PM as the first 1,000 fans receive a FREE UNI Rally Towel. The Kernels are wearing special UNI-themed jerseys that will be sold via a silent auction during the game with the proceeds to benefit the Panther Scholarship Club. It's also a Kernels Friday Mug Club night. Buy a 16 oz. souvenir mug for $6 at the concession stand and get refills all game for $3. Bring your mug back to every Friday Kernels home game for $3 refills. Mug Club Night is sponsored by Stadium Bar & Grill, Shuey's, Mr. B's, Mulligan's Pub and Z 102.9! First pitch between the Kernels and Clinton is set for 6:35 PM.
A big night is on tap on Saturday, June 15th when the Kernels take on Clinton at 6:35 PM. First, be here when the gates open at 5:30 PM as the first 1,000 fans through the gates receive a FREE tiara as part of Princess Night. Meet princesses Cinderella, Tinker Bell, Belle and Jasmine on the concourse during the game. It's also Especially For You Night as the Kernels will be wearing special jerseys during the game that will be sold via a silent auction with the proceeds to benefit the Especially For You Walk. Also, the first 500 fans will receive a FREE clear tote bag, thanks to Mercy Medical Center. And, after the game, enjoy a spectacular FIREWORKS show, thanks to Procter & Gamble. Fireworks nights are VERY popular, so contact the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560 to get the best seats if you haven't done so already!
If you build it, he will come. It's Field of Dreams Day on Sunday, June 16th when the Kernels take on Clinton at 2:05 PM. The first 1,000 fans through the gates receive a FREE souvenir baseball. Dwier Brown, who played John Kinsella from the movie, will be on hand during the game to sign autographs and will play catch with fans on the field after the game. All kids 12-under receive a voucher for a hot dog, popcorn and drink as part of Kids Eat Free, presented by Western Fraternal Life. After the game, fans can run the bases, play catch in the outfield and get autographs from the Kernels players thanks to Prairie Farms and 104.5 KDAT. Play Travel Advisors Baseball Bingo during the game for a chance to qualify to win a trip to Minneapolis and see a Twins game. Enjoy Papa Balloon and Face Painting by Kennedy on the concourse during the game. Gates open at 1:00 PM.
Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium Daily Specials!
Kids Eat Free Sunday, presented by Western Fraternal Life: Every Sunday home game, all kids 12-under receive a voucher for a FREE hot dog, popcorn and drink at the Kernels Concession Stands, thanks to Western Fraternal Life.
After every Sunday home game, kids (and adults) can run the bases, play catch on the field and get autographs from the Kernels on the field, presented by Prairie Farms with media sponsor 104.5 KDAT. During the game, play Travel Advisors Baseball Bingo for a chance to win a trip to Minneapolis and see a Twins game. Enjoy the balloon artistry of Papa Balloon on the concourse during the game as well as Face Painting by Kennedy.
Mark Down Monday: Every Monday home game, get regular hot dogs for just $1.50, plus small popcorn, ice cream sandwiches, and chips are each just $1 each.
Twins Tuesday, presented by Great Clips: Get an on-line coupon from the Kernels Facebook page or email newsletter for a buy one ticket, get one FREE offer at Tuesday home games as part of Twins Tuesday, presented by Great Clips. At Tuesday home games, one fan will win a pair of tickets to a Twins game and the Kernels will wear special jerseys that will be sold via a silent auction on August 30th.
Big Screen Thursday, presented by First Federal Credit Union: Fans age 18 and older can get a FREE raffle ticket for a chance to win one of three 50-inch big screen TVs given away during the game, thanks to First Federal Credit Union.
Thirsty Thursday, presented by 94.1 KRNA: Get 12 oz. regular draft beer and 20 oz. bottled soda and bottled water for $2.00 all night.
Thursday College Night: Show your college ID at the Kernels Ticket Office and get a Club ticket and two regular hot dogs for $9.00!
Kernels Friday Mug Club: Buy a refillable 16 oz. mug of regular draft beer or soda for $6 and get $3 refills at the concession stands! Bring the mug back for $3 refills every Friday home game thanks to Stadium Bar & Grill, Shuey's Restaurant & Lounge, Mr. B's, Mulligan's Pub and Z 102.9!
Tickets for all Kernel home games are available on-line at www.kernels.com; in person at the Kernels Ticket Office, or by calling 896-7560 during Ticket Office Hours. The Kernels Ticket Office is open from 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday and from 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturday. The ticket office is closed on Sunday, but opens at 11 AM on Kernel Sunday Home games.
Make sure to listen to all the exciting MWL action, home and away, on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM, as Morgan Hawk and Chris Kleinhans-Schulz bring you the play-by-play action. Or listen via the internet at www.kmryradio.com or www.kernels.com!
All 70 Kernels home games and select road games are available to watch via MiLB.TV and the First Pitch App. The app is the OFFICIAL app of the Kernels and Minor League Baseball. Visit MiLB.com to sign up for MiLB.TV!
The Cedar Rapids Kernels thank you for making Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium the premier sports venue in Eastern Iowa!
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids Kernels Stories
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled
- Nick Adenhart Scholarships Awarded to two Eastern Iowa High School Graduates
- Adenhart Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Kernels Seeking Nominations for Third Annual Kid Heroes Recognition
- Veterans Memorial Stadium Closes for 4 Weeks