Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Parkview Field is the most popular ballpark in Minor League Baseball's Class A level. The home of the TinCaps has won Ballpark Digest's "Best of the Ballparks" bracket competition for an unprecedented third time.
In a nail-biting head-to-head championship round, Parkview Field received 50.4-percent of the online vote to beat SRP Park (home of the South Atlantic League's Augusta GreenJackets). The bracket featured 30 teams (16 Midwest League clubs and 14 from the equivalent South Atlantic League). The TinCaps had a first-round bye and then defeated the West Virginia Power (Charleston, W.V), Lansing Lugnuts (Lansing, Mich.) and West Michigan Whitecaps (Comstock Park, Mich.) before Augusta.
"It's an honor to be a three-time winner," said TinCaps President Mike Nutter. "We thank all fans, media, the City of Fort Wayne, and supporters that got out the vote. We also appreciate everything Ballpark Digest does covering the industry and Minor League Baseball."
Over 83,000 votes were recorded on BallparkDigest.com, a new record total.
"Parkview Field is an amazing ballpark, but what's even more amazing is the TinCaps' passionate fan support," said Ballpark Digest publisher Kevin Reichard. "Fans had the choice of two great ballparks and two great organizations, and they made history with the highest Low-A vote tally ever."
This is just the latest feather in the cap for Parkview Field. In a more objective evaluation, Stadium Journey has ranked Parkview Field as the No. 1 ballpark experience for fans throughout Minor League Baseball (out of 160 venues) six times since 2011.
Parkview Field is currently celebrating its 11th season after opening in Downtown Fort Wayne in 2009. The ballpark has already hosted more than 4 million fans for TinCaps games and more than 1 million fans for non-TinCaps special events. The venue's success has helped spur tremendous growth around the city.
The TinCaps and Parkview Field will receive a trophy from Ballpark Digest later this year.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- Renfroe Representing TinCaps in 2020 World Series
- TinCaps Virtual Beer Tasting on Tap
- Weathers 1 of 23 Fort Wayne Alums in MLB Postseason
- TinCaps to Host a Second Movie Night (The Sandlot) Presented by Lancia Homes
- 260 to the Show Report: 46 Former Fort Wayne Players in Big Leagues in 2020