Dragons Notes for Monday
Monday, June 10, 2019 l Game # 64
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (28-33) at Dayton Dragons (24-39)
RH Gabe Mosser (4-2, 3.50) vs. RH Jared Solomon (1-3, 3.60)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the last game of a four-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons have won a season-high seven straight games, outscoring their opponents 42-22. This is their longest winning streak since they won nine straight, April 9-20, 2018.
Last Game: Sunday: Dayton 5, Fort Wayne 4. The Dragons broke a 4-4 tie in the bottom of the ninth inning on a one-out, bases loaded hit off the left field fence by Pabel Manzanero. The Dragons trailed 4-0 midway through the game and trailed 4-1 going to the bottom of the eighth inning. They scored three in the eighth, keyed by a two-out, two-run pinch hit single by Brian Rey that tied the game. The Dragons 13-hit attack was led by Randy Ventura (3 hits, 1 RBI), Michael Siani (2 hits, 2 stolen bases, 1 run), Morgan Lofstrom (2 hits, 1 RBI, 1 run), and Manzanero (2 hits, game-winning RBI). The four-run deficit was the largest in any Dragons win this season and their first win of a game when trailing after seven innings.
During the Dragons seven-game winning streak, they lead the league in team batting (.272) and are tied for the lead in runs scored (42) with Great Lakes. They rank tied for first in the league in stolen bases (18). They are tied for the league lead in doubles (13). On the mound, they rank first in team ERA (2.29).
The Dragons need a win tonight to complete their first four-game series sweep since April 9-12, 2018 over Lake County in Dayton.
The Dragons have stolen 17 bases in their last six games to lead the league over this time period. Over the same time period, only two other MWL teams have reached double-digits.
Miles Gordon since joining the Dragons has played in seven games (the team has won all seven), going 12 for 29 (.414) with one home run and six stolen bases. He has a 1.020 OPS. He has had at least one hit in all seven games. In the month of June, Gordon is leads the MWL in batting average and hits; he is tied for second in RBI; second in stolen bases; sixth in OPS; and 10th in slugging percentage.
Michael Siani over his last 14 games is batting .360 with two home runs, 16 runs scored, and nine stolen bases. In the month of June, Siani is first in the MWL in runs scored and stolen bases; tied for second in hits; and fourth in batting average (.367).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 11 games is batting .389 (14 for 36).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, June 11 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Robbie Welhaf (2-1, 1.33) at Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (1-5, 5.24)
Wednesday, June 12 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Wilkel Hernandez (4-5, 4.33) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (1-4, 4.56)
Thursday, June 13 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Hugh Smith (0-2, 4.36) at Dayton RH James Marinan (2-6, 5.09)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.