Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1
The Bees swept a double header from Clinton on Sunday, taking the first game 4-3 and the second 2-1.
Luke Lind tossed two scoreless in relief to earn the win in the opener. Hector Yan was lights out in the second contest.
The teams exchanged single runs in the first inning of the early game. Burlington's came on walks to Kevin Maitan and Nonie Williams and an RBI single to right from D. C. Arendas. Clinton scored runs in the second and third as well. They led 3-1 after four frames.
In the fifth inning Bees' Francisco Del Valle walked. Justin Jones walked. Alvaro Rubalcaba moved them to second and third with a sacrifice bunt. Jordyn Adams drove Del Valle home with a single to right. Bees down 3-2.
Burlington scored again in the sixth when, after one was out, Arendas walked. Alexis Olmeda singled to center to make it first and second. Del Valle walked. Bases loaded. Justin Jones stepped in and smashed a liner to short. It was mishandled by Clinton allowing Arendas to cross the plate. Bases still loaded. Rubalcaba was hit by a pitch, scoring Olmeda. Bees up 4-3.
That is how it ended. Luke Lind picked up he win in relief. He threw the final four innings allowing no runs on two hits. He struck out five.
The late game belonged to Hector Yan. The lefty completed five full. He gave up just three hits and one run. Twelve of the fifteen outs Yan recorded were strikeouts. He issued two walks.
Burlington scored single runs in the second and third. Del Valle hit his third home run of the year tying the game. Adams triple to open the third and scored an out later, on a Williams single to center. That put it at 2-1 Burlington. Mayky Perez threw the last two innings to earn his second save.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Forgettable Fifth Inning Derails Bandits in 9-3 Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cardenas Narrowly Misses Cycle in Win over Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Alexander's Three-Hit Night Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Swept by Loons and Fall in Finale 8-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Game Sweep? No Problem - Great Lakes Loons
- Danner Goes Deep Again in 10-4 Lugnuts Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Banfield, Scott Homer in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 3-2 as Thrilling Finish Extends Winning Streak to Eight - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Fall Just Short in Series Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers stay hot on the road, take series in Appleton - Beloit Snappers
- "Quake" County Captains Debut Tuesday, June 11 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Come Home for Final Time in 1st Half - Clinton LumberKings
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 11-16 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rattlers Fall Short to Beloit in 4-1 Loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Lose Seventh Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Alvarez Homers, Sampen Shines in 4-0 Win to Clinch Sweep - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Long Road Swing Ends with 10-1 Rout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs Blown Out by Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Parkview Field Recognized as Best Class A Ballpark - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hagen Danner Named MWL Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 10 at Dayton (Game 62) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Sweep Doubleheader over Clinton, 4-3, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Deason Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hulsizer Named in Home Run Derby Field - Great Lakes Loons
- MWL Announces All-Star Home Run Derby Participants - MWL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.