Admirals Cruise by Rockford
Milwaukee, WI - The Admirals and Rockford IceHogs combined for 11 goals and 63 penalty minutes in an entertaining game that saw the Ads tie a season high for goals in a 7-4 win on Friday night at Panther Arena.
The win was the fifth straight at home for the Ads, who became the first team in the AHL to reach the 30 goal mark (30-8-4-2). Milwaukee didn't have 30 wins last year until March 30th.
Freddy Gaudreau led the Admirals offense with a pair of goals and an assist, while Daniel Carr chipped in a goal and two assists on the night. Eeli Tolvanen (1g-1a) and Alex Carrier (2a) also posted multi-point efforts as 12 different Admirals found their way onto the scoresheet.
The Admirals finished the night with three power-play tallies, which was their most in a game since putting up five PPG on November 13 against Chicago.
After Dylan Sikura started the scoring for Rockford, the Ads reeled off the next three with Gaudreau, Mathieu Olivier, and Miikka Salomaki finding the back of the net before the Hogs pulled within one at 3-2 on a goal by MacKenzie Entwistle with less that three minutes remaining in the first.
The second period saw the Ads pull out to a three-goal advantage as Gaudreau and Eeli Tolvanen scored just 19 seconds apart, both on the power-play, to make the score 5-2. However Rockford didn't quit, scoring the next two to get back within one with still half the game to play.
That would be as close as they get, though, as Rem Pitlick's 14th goal of the season with 5:10 to go in the second gave the Ads a two-goal cushion again. Carr iced it when he roofed a back hand from directly in front of the Rockford net to make the score 7-4.
Troy Grosenick earned the win in net, stopping 23 shots to pick up his 16th win of the year.
The Admirals and IceHogs finish up their home-and-home series on Saturday night at 6 pm in Rockford before getting the next six days off for the AHL All-Star Break. The Ads aren't back home until they host Grand Rapids on Wednesday, February 5 at 7 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Condors Upend League Leading Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Erupt in Third Period to Defeat Rampage, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Kahkonen Blanks Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Ford's Overtime Goal Extends Griffins' Point Streak to Eight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Lose 5-2 to Amerks - Laval Rocket
- Oglevie Scores Twice in 5-2 Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Cruise by Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Come Back to Edge Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Gulls Gain Point on OT Road Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Tarnish Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Kuhlman Scores Two Shorthanded Goals, P-Bruins Beat Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Devils, 4-3, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Come Back Again In 4-3 Shootout Win - Binghamton Devils
- St. Denis scores lone goal; Gibson returns from injury - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Beleskey, Shesterkin Key in Wolf Pack Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- O'Reilly Notches Milestone 600th Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Upend Marlies 5-2 in Front of 12,255 Fans - Cleveland Monsters
- Cassels, Warsofsky Erupt in Penguins' 5-4 Win at Charlotte - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 2nd Period Struggle Does in T-Birds against Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Fall Just Short in 5-4 Loss to Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night - Hershey Bears
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Belleville - Utica Comets
- Sens Finish Road Trip with Victory in Utica - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Back to Back in Cleveland Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Twenty Visually Impaired Persons to "Try Blind Hockey" on Sunday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kelly, Labate, Bringing Different Dimension to Sens Lineup - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Zach Fucale from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60 - Hershey Bears
- Extensive Coverage Set for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans - San Jose Barracuda
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Heat Host Reign in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sam Anas Added to 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 24, 2020 vs. Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Anas Added to Rosters for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 24 - Belleville Senators
- Abt, Kim and Brown Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.