Barracuda Recall Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans
San Jose, Ca - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), and General Manager Joe Will announced today that the club has recalled Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans (@AllenAmericans) of the ECHL (@ECHL).
Shortridge, 24, posted a 2-1-1 record with the Americans in four games, recording his first pro shutout on January 21, 2020, in an 8-0 win over the Kansas City Mavericks.
Before his reassignment to Allen, Shortridge appeared in 12 games with the Barracuda, going 3-6-0 with a 3.85 goals-against average and a .854 save percentage.
A season ago, Shortridge went 18-6-2 record in 26 games along with a league-leading 1.51 goals-against average (GAA) and .940 save percentage this season for the Quinnipiac Bobcats at the NCAA level. He finished second among ECAC goaltenders in wins and boasted a .731 win percentage, allowing two-goals or fewer 23 times.
He set single-season program records in GAA and save percentage, and is a finalist for the Mike Richter Award which is presented annually to the top goaltender in the nation. He was awarded the ECAC's Ken Dryden Award for Goaltender of the Year, recording an 11-4-2 record in the conference along with a 1.47 GAA and .938 save percentage. He also was named to the ECAC First Team All-League team after helping the Bobcats finished tied atop the ECAC regular-season standings.
Shortridge completed his junior year at Quinnipiac, amassing a career 41-24-4 record, 1.93 GAA and .924 save percentage in 74 games.
Prior to his NCAA career, Shortridge appeared in one season for the Vernon Vipers of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL), earning a 3.15 GAA and .915 save percentage in 44 games.
The Sharks signed the six-foot-four, 185-pound native of Anchorage, AK, to a one-year contract on April 3, 2019.
Images from this story
San Jose Barracuda goaltender Andrew Shortridge
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Condors Upend League Leading Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Erupt in Third Period to Defeat Rampage, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Kahkonen Blanks Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Ford's Overtime Goal Extends Griffins' Point Streak to Eight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Lose 5-2 to Amerks - Laval Rocket
- Oglevie Scores Twice in 5-2 Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Cruise by Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Come Back to Edge Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Gulls Gain Point on OT Road Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Tarnish Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Kuhlman Scores Two Shorthanded Goals, P-Bruins Beat Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Devils, 4-3, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Come Back Again In 4-3 Shootout Win - Binghamton Devils
- St. Denis scores lone goal; Gibson returns from injury - Bridgeport Islanders
- Beleskey, Shesterkin Key in Wolf Pack Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- O'Reilly Notches Milestone 600th Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Upend Marlies 5-2 in Front of 12,255 Fans - Cleveland Monsters
- Cassels, Warsofsky Erupt in Penguins' 5-4 Win at Charlotte - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 2nd Period Struggle Does in T-Birds against Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Fall Just Short in 5-4 Loss to Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night - Hershey Bears
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Belleville - Utica Comets
- Sens Finish Road Trip with Victory in Utica - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Back to Back in Cleveland Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Twenty Visually Impaired Persons to "Try Blind Hockey" on Sunday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kelly, Labate, Bringing Different Dimension to Sens Lineup - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Zach Fucale from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60 - Hershey Bears
- Extensive Coverage Set for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans - San Jose Barracuda
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Heat Host Reign in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Islanders
- Sam Anas Added to 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 24, 2020 vs. Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Anas Added to Rosters for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 24 - Belleville Senators
- Abt, Kim and Brown Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- Barracuda Ink Steenn Pasichnuk
- American Hockey League Announces Changes to San Jose Barracuda 2021-22 Schedule
- Welcome to Cuda Country: John "Jack" Thomas McCarthy
- San Jose Barracuda Re-Sign Forward Evan Weinger
- Barracuda Hire Eric Grundfast as Director of Barracuda Business Operations