Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears are proud to announce the club's world-record Hershey Bears Teddy Bear Toss will be featured on ESPN's newsmagazine program, E:60, this Sunday, Jan. 26 at 7 p.m. Eastern on ESPN2.
The club's annual Teddy Bear Toss, sponsored by CommunityAid and abc27, was held Dec. 1, and the Bears and their fans smashed their own world record, collecting 45,650 stuffed animals for local charities. ESPN's E:60 crew was on-site in Hershey for two days in December, capturing the event itself, the counting process, and the distribution of teddy bears to children at Milton Hershey School.
"We're thrilled to have worked with ESPN and E:60 in spotlighting our world-record Teddy Bear Toss," said Vice President of Hockey Operations Bryan Helmer. "This event has become a sensation around the world, and the generosity of our fan base and the entire Central Pennsylvania community is showcased in this piece."
The piece is narrated by legendary ESPN hockey analyst Barry Melrose, who is a former NHL and AHL defender and coach. Featured in the story are interviews with Hershey Bears forward Beck Malenstyn, broadcaster Zack Fisch, Brock Kerchner of The Old Barn Hockey Show, and Kyle Mace of ChocolateHockey.com. The piece profiles Gabby Kerchner, a 10-year-old from Mechanicsburg who collected 10,136 stuffed animals for the Teddy Bear Toss as part of her organization, Gabby's Acts of Kindness.
ESPN's Scott Cikowski produced the piece. A trailer is available via the Hershey Bears Facebook and Twitter pages.
Hershey's annual Teddy Bear Toss is part of the club's Hershey Bears Cares community initiative. All 45,650 teddy bears collected were donated to over 40 local organizations, including schools, food banks, churches, lions clubs, as well as Milton Hershey School, Children's Miracle Network, and the American Cancer Society.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Condors Upend League Leading Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Erupt in Third Period to Defeat Rampage, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Kahkonen Blanks Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Ford's Overtime Goal Extends Griffins' Point Streak to Eight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Lose 5-2 to Amerks - Laval Rocket
- Oglevie Scores Twice in 5-2 Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Cruise by Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Come Back to Edge Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Gulls Gain Point on OT Road Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Tarnish Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Kuhlman Scores Two Shorthanded Goals, P-Bruins Beat Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Devils, 4-3, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Come Back Again In 4-3 Shootout Win - Binghamton Devils
- St. Denis scores lone goal; Gibson returns from injury - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Beleskey, Shesterkin Key in Wolf Pack Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- O'Reilly Notches Milestone 600th Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Upend Marlies 5-2 in Front of 12,255 Fans - Cleveland Monsters
- Cassels, Warsofsky Erupt in Penguins' 5-4 Win at Charlotte - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 2nd Period Struggle Does in T-Birds against Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Fall Just Short in 5-4 Loss to Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night - Hershey Bears
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Belleville - Utica Comets
- Sens Finish Road Trip with Victory in Utica - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Back to Back in Cleveland Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Twenty Visually Impaired Persons to "Try Blind Hockey" on Sunday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kelly, Labate, Bringing Different Dimension to Sens Lineup - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Zach Fucale from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60 - Hershey Bears
- Extensive Coverage Set for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans - San Jose Barracuda
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Heat Host Reign in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sam Anas Added to 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 24, 2020 vs. Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Anas Added to Rosters for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 24 - Belleville Senators
- Abt, Kim and Brown Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.