IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs today unveiled their exclusive player designer hat series sponsored by BMO Harris Bank. Kris Versteeg, Nick Moutrey and Collin Delia each designed their very own hat that will be given away to a limited number of fans on select dates. The series will kick off Friday, Jan. 31, with Versteeg's hat giveaway for the first 1,500 fans to arrive at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
As a two-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks and former IceHogs captain, Versteeg designed his hat to honor his time with both the NHL and AHL clubs. "Rockford IceHogs" is stitched in cursive on the front of the black hat with the alternate Hammy logo above the snap-adjustable rear.
Versteeg's autograph is screen printed on the bottom of the flat bill and the sweatband features an inscription celebrating his 2010 and 2015 Stanley Cup championships with the Blackhawks.
Next, Nick Moutrey was inspired by all the men and women who have served in either the United States or Canadian militaries when designing the interior of his hat. The sweatband features alternating U.S. and Canadian flags as well as alternating Moutrey screen-printed autographs and inscriptions that read "Thanks to all who have served."
The front of Moutrey's all-black cap pays tribute to the city of Rockford, boasting the town's 815 area code in bold, black letters. As an accent, the iconic feathers from the Chicago Blackhawks logo are hanging off the left side of the area code. Fans can collect Moutrey's snapback hat on Tuesday, Feb. 4, at the BMO doors when they show their BMO Harris Bank card. Additionally, a limited quantity will be made available in the IceHogs team store, Oink Outfitters.
Finally, Rockford netminder, Collin Delia, incorporated leather into his design when creating the concept for his hat. The IceHogs' letter R logo with Blackhawks feathers is displayed in brown leather on the black front of the hat.
The remainder of the headwear is sand-colored mesh to match the color of the leather, with the strap on the back of the hat also made of leather material. Delia's lid will be the final giveaway in the series and will be given to the first 1,500 fans in the BMO on Friday, April 3.
For tickets to hat giveaway nights, visit our promotional schedule HERE or call us at (815) 968-5222.
Autism Awareness Night& Lego Night is Jan . 25!
The IceHogs host the 11th annual Autism Awareness Night presented by LawnCare by Walter and LEGO Night on
Saturday, Jan. 25!
They are wearing exclusive LEGO/Autism Awareness jerseys and the first 1,500 fans receive a block figure of either Tyler Sikura, Matthew Highmore or Dennis Gilbert.
Also, autographed mystery pucks from your favorite Chicago Blackhawks and IceHogs players are BACK!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Condors Upend League Leading Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Spoils Roadrunners' Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Erupt in Third Period to Defeat Rampage, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Kahkonen Blanks Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Ford's Overtime Goal Extends Griffins' Point Streak to Eight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Lose 5-2 to Amerks - Laval Rocket
- Oglevie Scores Twice in 5-2 Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Cruise by Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Come Back to Edge Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Gulls Gain Point on OT Road Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Wolves Tarnish Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Kuhlman Scores Two Shorthanded Goals, P-Bruins Beat Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Fall to Devils, 4-3, in Seven-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Come Back Again In 4-3 Shootout Win - Binghamton Devils
- St. Denis scores lone goal; Gibson returns from injury - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Beleskey, Shesterkin Key in Wolf Pack Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- O'Reilly Notches Milestone 600th Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Upend Marlies 5-2 in Front of 12,255 Fans - Cleveland Monsters
- Cassels, Warsofsky Erupt in Penguins' 5-4 Win at Charlotte - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- 2nd Period Struggle Does in T-Birds against Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Fall Just Short in 5-4 Loss to Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night - Hershey Bears
- Four Unanswered Goals Sink Comets in Loss to Belleville - Utica Comets
- Sens Finish Road Trip with Victory in Utica - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Back to Back in Cleveland Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Twenty Visually Impaired Persons to "Try Blind Hockey" on Sunday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game 39 Preview: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kelly, Labate, Bringing Different Dimension to Sens Lineup - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Zach Fucale from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60 - Hershey Bears
- Extensive Coverage Set for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Recall Goaltender Andrew Shortridge from the Allen Americans - San Jose Barracuda
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Heat Host Reign in Final Game Before All-Star Break - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack, T-Birds this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sam Anas Added to 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 24, 2020 vs. Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Anas Added to Rosters for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 24 - Belleville Senators
- Abt, Kim and Brown Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Blackhawks Prospect and IceHogs Scorer Dylan Sikura Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live
- IceHogs Defenseman Ian McCoshen Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live on Tuesday
- IceHogs Team Captain Tyler Sikura Joins Facebook Live Q&A on Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Classic Games vs. Scheduled Opponents on Facebook Live
- Forward Garrett Mitchell to Join IceHogs Facebook Live for Fan Q&A on Tuesday