Trio of 'Dads Hitters Named to SAL All-Star Team
Hickory, NC - Pedro Gonzalez, Jonathan Ornelas, and Curtis Terry were named to the 2019 South Atlantic League All-Star Game, League President Eric Krupa announced Tuesday morning. The three will represent South Atlantic League's Northern Division, which will take on the Southern Division on June 18th in Charleston, West Virginia.
Pedro Gonzalez has accumulated a .269 average this season. The outfielder has been dominant against lefties this season, hitting .444 with a .778 slugging percentage against southpaws. Gonzalez has smacked 10 homeruns and driven in 27 while stealing 6 bases. Gonzalez is tied for sixth in homeruns in the South Atlantic League and ranks 10th with a .489 slugging percentage.
Infielder Jonathan Ornelas leads the team with a .283 batting average and a .355 on base percentage. He has flashed power with five homeruns while also displaying quickness on the base paths with eight steals. Ornelas also had a team-long hit streak of twelve games in which he hit .385. He has hit .442 through 52 at bats when he leads off an inning this season.
Curtis Terry ranks second with 46 RBIs. He is also tied for second with 15 homeruns and 20 doubles. The first baseman paces the SAL with 35 extra base hits and 121 total bases. Terry has put together a .275 average through his first 54 games.
The 2019 SAL All-Star Game will take place in Charleston, West Virginia on June 18th at 7:35pm at Appalachian Power Park, home of the Power. All stars from the seven Northern Division teams will be taking on the best of the seven Southern Division teams in the 60th annual SAL All-Star Game.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 4, 2019
- GreenJackets Outlast Asheville for 7-6 Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Bizarre Ninth Caps off 1-0 Loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Chandler Hurls Career-High 8.1 Innings in 4-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- Grasshoppers Overwhelm RiverDogs as Lockridge Keeps On-Base Streak Alive - Charleston RiverDogs
- Columbia Takes Series with 3-2 Win over Rome - Rome Braves
- Drive Fall to Lexington on Tuesday - Greenville Drive
- Taveras Masterful in Middle Game Versus Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Four Claws Combine on Shutout in 1-0 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- K-Town Solves Rodriguez, Bashes 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 'Dads Rack up 14 Strikeouts in Loss to Power - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies Game Notes: June 4 vs. Rome (Game 58) - Columbia Fireflies
- Harris promoted to High-A Florida - Rome Braves
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Suns Send Two to 60th SAL All-Star Game - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 4) - West Virginia Power
- Augusta Sports Leagues Host Softball & Kickball Finals at SRP Park - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs Have Six Selected to South Atlantic League All-Star Game - Charleston RiverDogs
- South Atlantic League Announces Rosters for All-Star Game - SAL
- Two Intimidators Make 60th Annual South Atlantic League All-Star Game - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Corry, Tona, Munguia Selected to SAL All-Star Game - Augusta GreenJackets
- Ronny Mauricio Named to South Atlantic League All-Star Team - Columbia Fireflies
- Five Legends Named to South Atlantic League All-Star Team - Lexington Legends
- Four Braves Named South Atlantic League All-Stars - Rome Braves
- Four Tourists Headed to the All-Star Game - Asheville Tourists
- Three Drive Players Tabbed for South Atlantic League All-Star Game - Greenville Drive
- Trio of 'Dads Hitters Named to SAL All-Star Team - Hickory Crawdads
- Great Eight: 'Birds Stack All-Star Roster - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 2019 South Atlantic League All-Star Rosters Unveiled - West Virginia Power
- Braves Bats Silenced in 5-2 Loss to Fireflies - Rome Braves
- Offensive Showdown Ends in GreenJackets Favor - Augusta GreenJackets
- Game Recap: Mountain Too Tall to Climb in Critical Contest - Asheville Tourists
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.