Thunder Weekly, February 17
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita played three more games in the Mountain Division this past week. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Tuesday, February 11
Wichita at Kansas City, 2-1 L recap
Watch highlights HERE
Friday, February 14
Tulsa at Wichita, 7-1 L recap
Watch highlights HERE
Saturday, February 15
Wichita at Tulsa, 4-3 L recap
Watch highlights HERE
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Saturday, February 22
Wichita at Allen, 7:05 p.m., online stream on the Mixlr app and The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
**All games can be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 2-8-0-0
Rank: T-5th, Mountain Division, 50 points
Goals: Stefan Fournier, 20
Assists: Patrik Parkkonen, 33
Points: Patrik Parkkonen, 40
+/-: Shaquille Merasty, +4
PIM: Stefan Fournier, 70
STREAKING - Garrett Schmitz has been on fire as of late. The second-year defenseman has points in five-straight, notching 5 points over that span (3g, 2a). He recently just appeared in his 100th career game as a pro. He has 17 points (6g, 11a) in 49 games this season.
CAREER-HIGH - Stefan Fournier notched his 20th goal of the season on Saturday. He set a new ECHL high for himself in goals scored and leads the team in that category. Fournier has a goal and an assist in four of his last six games.
PARK IT - Patrik Parkkonen added two more assists over the weekend. He leads the Thunder with 40 points, is tied for second in power play assists (15), second among defenseman in points (40), and tied for first among defenseman in assists with 33.
FREE TIME - After having a loaded schedule with three-in-threes and four-in-fives, Wichita plays just one game over the next 12 days. The Thunder begins a three-game set against Allen on Saturday, February 22 and will host the Americans on Friday, February 28. The two teams will travel back to Allen on Leap Day to finish off the mini-series.
PACK YOUR BAGS - Wichita began a heavy stretch of road games this past Saturday night. The Thunder will play just one home game over the next three weeks. After February 28, Wichita will head on the road for its final seven road games of the year. The Thunder closes the season with seven home games starting on March 18 against Kansas City.
LEAVING THE MOUNTAINS - The Thunder have played all their games against the Mountain Division since early November. Wichita will play an opponent outside of the division on Wednesday, March 11 with a visit to Fort Wayne.
THUNDERBOLTS... Mitch Gillam is second in the league in minutes played (2,092) and first in saves (1,159) ...Peter Crinella is first in the league in shooting percentage (24.6%)...Ostap Safin is tied for 14th in rookie scoring with 30 points...Wichita is 18-7-3-0 when scoring first...Wichita is 12-3-2-0 when leading after one...Wichita is 16-2-0-0 when leading after two...Wichita is 5-19-4 when trailing after one...Wichita is 8-4-8-0 in one-goal games...
Individual tickets for the rest of the 2019-20 season are on sale. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.