Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee
West Valley City, Utah - Martin Ouellette saved 22 of 23 and Yuri Terao, Griffen Molino and Mitch Maxwell scored goals to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 3-1 victory over the Rapid City Rush on President's Day at Maverik Center.
Terao scored his 16th goal of the season 3:27 in to give Utah a 1-0 lead. Terao has 4 goals in his last 4 games for the Grizzlies, who with 69 standings points are 6 points ahead of Idaho for 2nd place in the Mountain Division. Utah led 1-0 after 1 period, outshooting Rapid City 13 to 5.
8:21 into the second it was Griffen Molino who scored on a nice move around the net for his 21st of the year. Mo has 6 goals and 10 assists in his last 10 games. Grizz extended the lead to 3-0 after Josh Dickinson scored his 16th goal in 24 games this season 12:58 in the second.
Rapid City scored with 2:33 left in regulation to avoid the shutout. Tanner Karty tallied his 6th of the season for the Rush, who are 27-20-4 on the season and are in 4th place in the Mountain division with 58 points.
Grizz wore DC Comics Batman themed specialty jersey's. The Grizzlies had nicknames on the back of the jerseys that were auctioned off after the game.
Grizzlies have won 4 in a row and will try to extend it to 5 when they face the Rush on Wednesday night at Maverik Center. It's a Wild Wednesday and Bud Light College Night with 6 dollar student tickets. You can get tickets at the Maverik Center Box Office, utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. Martin Ouellette (Utah) - 22 of 23 saves.
2. Yuri Terao (Utah) - 1 goal. 6 shots.
3. Mitch Maxwell (Utah) - 1 assist.
Images from this story
Utah Grizzlies celebrate a win in their Batman jerseys
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.