Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), announced today that Minnesota has assigned three players to Allen from Iowa.
Forwards Kyle Bauman and Mitch McLain, along with defenseman Matt Register, will join Allen in time for their game on Tuesday night against Tulsa.
Mitch McLain is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound forward from Baxter, Minnesota. He's played in parts of three seasons with the Iowa Wild. In 58 games last season he had 20 points (10 goals and 10 assists).
Kyle Bauman will turn 27-years old this April. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward has played in 34 games for Iowa this season and has eight points (3 goals and 5 assists).
Matt Register is a former ECHL All Star. The resident of Calgary, Alberta played with Allen on two different occasions. He started his professional career with the Americans in 2011-2012 and returned late in the 2015-2016 season to help Allen win a Kelly Cup Championship.
"I expect all three to make an impact in the games this week," said Allen Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson. "We know Matt Register well. He's been the top offensive defenseman in the league for the last four years. With some recent injuries to our lineup, the timing of their arrival is perfect."
The Allen Americans are home Tuesday night at 7:05 pm to host the Tulsa Oilers. Don't miss Mascot Night on Friday, and Star Wars Night this Saturday. Call 972-912-1000 for tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Sign Forward Colton Heffley
- ECHL's Allen Americans Select ImagineAR for Fan Engagement & Sponsorship Programs
- Young Forward Bethune Returns to Allen After Brief Appearance with the Americans in 17-18
- Relive the 2015 & 2016 Kelly Cup Championships
- All New AllenAmericans.com to Launch on September 9th