Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval
ST. JOHN'S, NL - Defenseman Ryan Culkin was recalled to the AHL's Laval Rocket on Monday. Culkin, who is under contract with the Rocket, gets his second call up of the season, having previously appeared in one game for the Rocket in November.
The 26-year-old defenseman from Montreal, QC is on pace for a career season with the Mariners, currently leading all Maine defenseman in scoring with 32 points (7 goals, 25 assists) in 43 games. He ranks 10th among all ECHL defenseman in scoring and is 2nd among defenseman in power play points. Last season for the Mariners, Culkin registered 22 points in 39 games. His career best mark came in 2017-18 with the Fort Wayne Komets, when he had 38 points (11 goals, 27 assists) in 53 games.
Culkin has been under contract with the Rocket since the start of the last season, and has played 11 games for them, with one goal and eight penalty minutes. Earlier this season, he was recalled on November 25th, appeared in one game, and was returned to Maine on December 19th. In total, Culkin has played in 94 career AHL games including stints with the Adirondack Flames and Stockton Heat in addition to Laval.
The Mariners resume their series in Newfoundland with games on Tuesday and Wednesday, both beginning at 5:30 PM ET. After the road trips wraps up at Adirondack next Saturday, the Mariners will be back home on Sunday, February 23rd for "Miracle Night," celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice at 3 PM against the Growlers. The Mariners will be wearing Team USA inspired jerseys, which will go up for auction starting January 12th on the Handbid App. There will also be a postgame screening of the Disney movie on the video board. Groups of 10 or more can get discounted tickets to all games by calling 833-GO-MAINE. Individual tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com, at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458. All Saturday and Sunday home games feature the Family Four Pack - four tickets, four food and drink vouchers, and four Mariners beverage koozies, starting at $80, and must be purchased in advance.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.