Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that the team has acquired forward Jay Dickman from the Indy Fuel for future considerations.
Dickman, 26, is in his rookie season after graduating from Bemidji State University. A native of St. Paul, Minnesota, the 6-foot-6, 231-pound forward has played in eight games for the Fuel tallying 3 points (2g, 1a). Last season, he was signed to an Amateur Tryout by the Florida Everblades after finishing his senior campaign.
At Bemidji State, Dickman appeared in 132 career games for the Beavers, collecting 55 points (30g, 25a). His best season came in 2017-18 where he recorded 15 goals and 23 points in 37 games. In 2016-17, he helped the Beavers to a WCHA Regular Season title. Dickman joins Riley Weselowski and Ian Lowe as Thunder players who graduated from Bemidji State.
Wichita is off until next Saturday with a visit to Texas to face Allen starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for the rest of the season are on sale now. To learn more, contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
Images from this story
Forward Jay Dickman with the Indy Fuel
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.