Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks look to recover from a three-game losing skid with a trip out west for one game with the Idaho Steelheads and then a three-game Saturday-Sunday-Monday set with the Utah Grizzlies. The Mavs will not return home until February 29 against the Kalamazoo Wings.
Last Week's Action
Tue. 2/11: 2-1 W, vs. Wichita
Fri. 2/14: 4-1 L, vs. Utah
Sat. 2/15: 5-1 L, vs. Utah
Sun. 2/16: 5-2 L, at Tulsa
This Week's Schedule
Wed. 2/19: at Idaho Steelheads
Sat: 2/22: at Utah Grizzlies
Sun: 2/23: at Utah Grizzlies
Mountain Division Standings
1. Allen Americans (34-11-6-2, 76 points)
2. Utah Grizzlies (30-15-5-2, 67 points)
3. Idaho Steelheads (28-17-3-4, 63 points)
4. Rapid City (27-20-4-0, 58 points)
5. Tulsa Oilers (25-24-5-1, 56 points)
6. Wichita Thunder (21-27-8-0, 50 points)
7. Kansas City Mavericks (22-27-3-1, 48 points)
The Mavericks began a stretch of five road games in eight days with Sunday's loss at Tulsa. The Mavericks head to Boise to face the Idaho Steelheads Wednesday before a Saturday-Sunday-Monday set with the Utah Grizzlies before returning home against the Kalamazoo Wings on February 29.
Second Shorty For Big Z
Mavs forward David Dziurzynski recorded his second shorthanded goal of the season Sunday against Tulsa.
Carzo Climbing The Ranks
Rocco Carzo is closing in on 400 ECHL games. He played in his 399th ECHL game Sunday afternoon against Tulsa. Carzo passed Sebastien Thinel for 2nd on the franchise's games played list, playing in his 265th game for KC Saturday night against Utah. Thinel played in 264 games for Kansas City. He is also currently tied for third on the Mavericks franchise leaders for career goals scored list with 75.
The Mavericks are in the midst of their busiest slate of the schedule, with a total of 14 games on the schedule in the 29-day month of February. The Mavs are currently 3-4-1-0 in February.
Mavericks goaltender and Calgary Flames prospect Nick Schneider turned in a 28-save performance last Tuesday against Wichita. Schneider came close to his first career professional shutout as well, but Wichita scored a goal with 54 seconds remaining in regulation.
Crawford Breaks the Seal
Defenseman Marcus Crawford was assigned to the Mavericks on January 30 by the San Jose Barracuda and he recorded his first goal as a Mav with a third period blast that ended up being the game-winning goal last Tuesday against Wichita.
2/29 Ag Night Barn Party
3/7 Cheeze's Princess Party
3/8 Faith & Family Day
3/15 Nickelodeon Day feat. Paw Patrol 3/21 Fan Appreciation
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2020
- Grizzlies Win 3-1 on President's Day Matinee - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 17, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Todd Has Four Points as Beast Knock off K-Wings - Brampton Beast
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 17 - Tulsa Oilers
- Zachary Fucale Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Former NHL Draft Pick D Miles Gendron Reassigned to Royals by AHL Belleville - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- 'Blades Weekly: Final Four-In-Five of Season on Deck - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Head West for Big Sky Showdowns - Kansas City Mavericks
- Craig Wyszomirski Named New Team Captain - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans Receive Three Players from AHL Affiliate Iowa - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 17 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Dickman from Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Tour Begins Friday in Cincinnati - ECHL
- McGauley and Lewis Rejoin Grizz for Homestand - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners Weekly: Miracle Remembered - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, February 17 - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 10 - February 16, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ryan Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC
- Mavericks Ink AHL Veteran Forward Brodie Reid
- Mavericks Sign Veteran Forward Anthony Collins
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule