Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt
GLENS FALLS, NEW YORK - Nathan Todd opened the scoring in the first but Adirondack responded with the next six straight, as Brampton was soundly defeated 6-1 by the Thunder on Friday night.
The Brampton Beast packed up the bus and headed to Glens Falls for a Friday night tilt with the Adirondack Thunder. Brampton was coming off of two straight wins and was looking to make it three that evening.
The Beast struck first on the night and it was Nathan Todd continuing his hot streak. The forward was able to whack in a power play goal at 8:28 to put the Beast up 1-0 in period number one.
The goal was set-up by Anthony Nigro and Lindsay Sparks, who cycled the puck and got the initial chance started in front.
Brampton took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission but would trail in shots 12-9.
The second period was controlled by the Thunder, who scored three straight goals and took a 3-1 lead over the Beast. John Edwardh had a pair and Matt Salhany scored the other for the Thunder.
Brampton was down 3-1 after 40 minutes and trailed in shots 24-16 after the middle frame had expired.
The third period saw the Thunder continue their offensive assault and they received additional goals from Salhany, Mike Szmatula and from Edwardh at 1:33, 6:51 and 15:03 respectively.
Tempers boiled over late, but the game was out of hand by that point as Brampton dropped a 6-1 decision on Friday night.
Both Alex Dubeau and Andrew D'Agostini let in three goals apiece. Eamon McAdam picked up the win and made 24 saves of his own.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) McAdam (ADK) 2) Salhany (ADK) 1) Edwardh (ADK) Brampton ended the night one-for-five on the man advantage. Adirondack was one-for-six. Brampton will continue their road swing with a date against Reading on Saturday. Puck drop is slatted for 7:00 PM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Media Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or [email protected] The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2020
- Windsor's 44-Save Effort Not Enough for Solar Bears in 3-2 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Sink Americans at Allen Event Center Thanks to Great Second Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Unlucky in Loss to Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Outlast Solar Bears to Add Playoff Pressure - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt - Brampton Beast
- Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Stout Defense to Blank Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Powers Thunder over Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Win 8th Consecutive Thanks to 3 Early Strikes - Reading Royals
- Railers Find Solution in Third Period for 4-2 Victory over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Not Successful in Reading, Fall 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Danny Hanlon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Penguins Reassign Knott to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Host Tulsa Tonight on Mascot Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tip a Grizz Charity Event Set for March 3rd - Utah Grizzlies
- Finalists Revealed for Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Steve Whitney Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals-Growlers Season Series Adds New Chapter Friday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Walleye Fall Short After Cyclones Rally in Third Period - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.