Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads have signed goaltender Austin Lotz to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) ahead of tonight's game against the Rapid City Rush, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Friday.
Lotz, 24, began the 2019-20 season with the Steelheads out of training camp and has played 13 games with the Birmingham Bulls (SPHL), posting a 7-4-2 record with a 2.89 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage with one shutout. The Winnipeg, Man. native has played each of the previous three seasons in the ECHL with Brampton, Jacksonville, Rapid City and Reading since his professional debut on Oct. 21, 2016 with Rapid City. In that time, he's tallied a 25-32-5 record with a 3.40 GAA, .881 save pct. and two shutouts through 65 games and led Jacksonville in wins (19) and games played (42) during the 2017-18 season.
Prior to his professional career, the 6-foot-1, 206-pound goaltender played five seasons between the Everett Silvertips (WHL) and Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) from 2011-12 through 2015-16. Lotz played 170 games and hosted a 75-63-17 record with a 2.96 GAA and .906 save pct. with 11 shutouts and ranked second in wins (72) on the Silvertips all-time career list as well as third in games played (164), minutes (9,010) and shutouts (10). His 31 wins and five shutouts in the 2013-14 season is the third-most and fourth-most, respectively, for a single season in team history.
The Steelheads continue their homestand tonight at 7:10 p.m. to open a two-game weekend against the Rapid City Rush.
The Hockey Starter Pack provides the benefits of the ultimate fan on the time you want! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to inquire about getting your pack as well as planning your next outing with single-game tickets, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2020
- Windsor's 44-Save Effort Not Enough for Solar Bears in 3-2 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Sink Americans at Allen Event Center Thanks to Great Second Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Unlucky in Loss to Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Outlast Solar Bears to Add Playoff Pressure - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt - Brampton Beast
- Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Stout Defense to Blank Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Powers Thunder over Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Win 8th Consecutive Thanks to 3 Early Strikes - Reading Royals
- Railers Find Solution in Third Period for 4-2 Victory over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Not Successful in Reading, Fall 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Danny Hanlon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Penguins Reassign Knott to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Host Tulsa Tonight on Mascot Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tip a Grizz Charity Event Set for March 3rd - Utah Grizzlies
- Finalists Revealed for Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Steve Whitney Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals-Growlers Season Series Adds New Chapter Friday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Walleye Fall Short After Cyclones Rally in Third Period - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.