Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Indy Fuel visited the Kalamazoo Wings on Friday night looking to snap a four-game losing skid. Seeing a five-goal first period, Kalamazoo would score two goals in the third period, forcing Indy's Derian Plouffe to score late, tying goal sending the game to overtime. Jumping on a Kalamazoo turnover Plouffe, buried the overtime goal handing the Fuel a 5-4 win on Friday night.
Taking the early lead in the first period, a dump in from Aaron Thow caromed off of the boards and off of Craig Wyszomirski into the Fuel net. Spencer Watson would tie the game at one goal each, scoring his 28th goal of the season off of a faceoff win by Derian Plouffe. Brennan Sanford would take the lead back less than two minutes later firing a bouncing puck over the shoulder of Charles Williams.
Tying the game at two goals each, Indy's Jake Ryczek would score on the rush, shooting a puck from the blue line that would be deflected by a Wings defenseman past goaltender Jake Kielly. Handing Indy a 3-2 lead late in the first period, Cliff Watson would put home a rebound from a shot from Derian Plouffe.
After a scoreless 2nd period, the Fuel were outshooting the Wings 30-27. Both teams would have multiple chances on the man advantage but would fail to score.
After earning a man advantage off of an Alex Krushelnyski interference penalty Kalamazoo tied the game with a wrist shot by Austin Farley that was deflected in front of the net by Garret Ross. Eric Kattelus would double the Wings goal amount in the third, beating Williams with multiple rebounds. Tying the game 4-4 and sending the teams to overtime, Derian Plouffe received a pass from Mathieu Foget and beat Jake Kielly with a wrist shot on the short side.
Scoring his second goal and fourth point of the night, Derian Plouffe beat Kielly in overtime, sending Indy home with a 4-3 win over the Kalamazoo Wings
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2019-20 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2020
- Windsor's 44-Save Effort Not Enough for Solar Bears in 3-2 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Sink Americans at Allen Event Center Thanks to Great Second Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Unlucky in Loss to Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Outlast Solar Bears to Add Playoff Pressure - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt - Brampton Beast
- Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Stout Defense to Blank Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Powers Thunder over Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Win 8th Consecutive Thanks to 3 Early Strikes - Reading Royals
- Railers Find Solution in Third Period for 4-2 Victory over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Not Successful in Reading, Fall 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Danny Hanlon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Penguins Reassign Knott to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Host Tulsa Tonight on Mascot Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tip a Grizz Charity Event Set for March 3rd - Utah Grizzlies
- Finalists Revealed for Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Steve Whitney Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals-Growlers Season Series Adds New Chapter Friday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Walleye Fall Short After Cyclones Rally in Third Period - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.