Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators
VENUE: Infinite Energy Arena, Duluth, Ga.
DATE: Friday, Feb. 21 at 7:35 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr and TuneIn
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (24-22-5-1) face the Atlanta Gladiators (22-28-1-1) in the seventh of 11 meetings this season. The Solar Bears are 4-0-2-0 against the Gladiators this season, most recently coming off a 5-2 win on Sunday in which Orlando overcame a 2-1 defecit at the end of the second period to earn a come-from-behind victory over Atlanta. The Solar Bears are 2-0-1-0 on the road against the Gladiators this season, and have won three of their last four encounters with their South Division foe.
WINDSOR PROJECTED TO START AGAIN: Clint Windsor is likely to make his third consecutive start for the Solar Bears when he gets the nod between the pipes this evening. The goaltender is 4-0-0 in four outings against Atlanta this season, sporting a 2.10 goals-against average and a save percentage of .940. Backup Mike Condon's lone career appearance against the Gladiators franchise came when the club was still known as the Gwinnett Gladiators, a 31-save, 2-0 shutout performance on Jan. 20, 2014.
MAY CARRIES STREAK INTO TONIGHT'S GAME: Forward Johno May currently leads the Solar Bears with an active four-game point streak. Since Feb. 14, the second-year pro has posted seven points (2g-5a) over that span, helping guide Orlando to a 3-1-0-0 record. When May records at least a point for the Solar Bears, Orlando is 12-6-1-0. He has four points (1g-3a) in three outings against Atlanta since joining Orlando following a mid-December trade.
POWER PLAY STILL DEALING DAMAGE: With Cody Donaghey's goal on Wednesday, the Solar Bears pushed their run of games with at least a power-play goal to five matches. Orlando is 6-for-25 (24.0%) over that span with the man advantage.
BOUNCE-BACK WIN NEEDED TO KEEP TREND ALIVE:
In games following matches in which the Solar Bears have given up six or more goals, the Solar Bears have routinely been able to bounce back with a win, as the team is 6-0-0-0 in that scenario.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Eric Neiley leads the Gladiators in scoring against Orlando with six points (3g-3a) in six games. He is the only forward on Atlanta's roster with a positive plus-minus rating against Orlando with +2.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears conclude their three-game road trip on Saturday, Feb. 22 when they visit the Jacksonville Icemen at Veterans Memorial Arena at 7 p.m. Orlando returns home to host the Norfolk Admirals on Sunday, Feb. 23 for Faith and Family Night, presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson. This game will also serve as a Fairwinds Solar Bears Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2020
- Windsor's 44-Save Effort Not Enough for Solar Bears in 3-2 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Sink Americans at Allen Event Center Thanks to Great Second Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Unlucky in Loss to Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Outlast Solar Bears to Add Playoff Pressure - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt - Brampton Beast
- Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Stout Defense to Blank Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Powers Thunder over Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Win 8th Consecutive Thanks to 3 Early Strikes - Reading Royals
- Railers Find Solution in Third Period for 4-2 Victory over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Not Successful in Reading, Fall 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Danny Hanlon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Penguins Reassign Knott to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Host Tulsa Tonight on Mascot Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tip a Grizz Charity Event Set for March 3rd - Utah Grizzlies
- Finalists Revealed for Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Steve Whitney Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals-Growlers Season Series Adds New Chapter Friday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Walleye Fall Short After Cyclones Rally in Third Period - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.