Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend
BOISE, Idaho - Forward Jefferson Dahl returns to the Idaho Steelheads ahead of tonight's game against the Rapid City Rush on a Standard Player Contract (SPC), Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Friday.
Dahl, 30, comes out of retirement to suit up for his first games since the 2017-18 season. The Eau Claire, Wisc. native holds places in four different categories on the Steelheads ECHL Era All-Time Career Record list, sitting second in career points (210), third in career assists (133), and fourth in career goals (77) and games played (241). He last played during the 2017-18 season, tallying 61 points (20-41-61) through 61 games while also netting four points (2-2-4) in seven games with the Cleveland Monsters (AHL). He led the Steelheads in assists and scoring during his final two seasons in 2016-17 and 2017-18 while serving as captain during each of those campaigns. Over his four-year career in Idaho, Dahl boasts 77 goals and 133 assists for 210 points with 30 power play goals, two shorthanded goals, 260 penalty minutes and a plus-32 rating through 241 games.
Prior to his professional career, the 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward played four seasons at the University of Wisconsin and tallied 47 points (17-30-47) through 150 career games from 2010 through 2014. He helped lead the Badgers to back-to-back conference championships during his final two seasons in 2012-13 and 2013-14. Dahl did play 18 games for Klostersee EHC in Germany to open the 2014-15 season before joining the Steelheads and added 11 points (7-4-11).
The Steelheads continue their homestand tonight at 7:10 p.m. to open a two-game weekend against the Rapid City Rush.
The Hockey Starter Pack provides the benefits of the ultimate fan on the time you want! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to inquire about getting your pack as well as planning your next outing with single-game tickets, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2020
- Windsor's 44-Save Effort Not Enough for Solar Bears in 3-2 Loss to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Craggs Cracks IceMen, 'Blades Win 6-3 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Sink Americans at Allen Event Center Thanks to Great Second Period - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Unlucky in Loss to Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Outlast Solar Bears to Add Playoff Pressure - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Trounce Beast in Friday Night Tilt - Brampton Beast
- Plouffe Four Point Night Hands Indy Win over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Stout Defense to Blank Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0 - Wheeling Nailers
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Powers Thunder over Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Win 8th Consecutive Thanks to 3 Early Strikes - Reading Royals
- Railers Find Solution in Third Period for 4-2 Victory over Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Not Successful in Reading, Fall 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Forward Jefferson Dahl Re-Joins Steelheads, Signs to Play this Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Danny Hanlon - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Austin Lotz Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Penguins Reassign Knott to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- South Carolina Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: 'Blades Face IceMen, Continue Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Host Tulsa Tonight on Mascot Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Tip a Grizz Charity Event Set for March 3rd - Utah Grizzlies
- Finalists Revealed for Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Steve Whitney Re-Assigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals-Growlers Season Series Adds New Chapter Friday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Walleye Fall Short After Cyclones Rally in Third Period - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.