Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1
Wichita, KS - Behind a balanced offense and solid goaltending from Dylan Wells, Wichita skated past Rapid City on Friday night by the final of 5-1 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Five different players found the back of the net and Wells stopped 24 of 25 shots en route to his fourth-straight win. Dyson Stevenson recorded a Gordie Howe hat trick and Mark MacMillan had two points in the win.
Stefan Fournier got the scoring started at 6:14 of the first. He caught a pass from Lane Bauer, drove the net and popped the puck past Adam Carlson to make it 1-0. Tyler Elbrecht increased the lead to 2-0 at 9:27. He caught a beautiful feed from MacMillan and buried a wrist shot for his second of the season. At 14:24, Stevenson fired a shot past Carlson's glove to make it 3-0. Carlson's night was over as Tyler Parks was forced into action.
After a scoreless second period, Wichita added two more in the third. Just 2:25 in, MacMillan curled around the net and lit the lamp with a wrist shot from the right hashmarks to make it 4-0. Ralph Cuddemi beat Parks at 10:12 with a wrist shot on the power play and a 5-0 advantage. Tyler Poulsen got Rapid City on the board with a power play tally at 17:12 to end Wells' shutout bid to make it 5-1.
Fournier has two goals and four points in four games since coming to the Thunder. Cuddemi has four goals in his last three games. Stevenson has nine points in his last six games. Texeira added two helpers and has seven points in his last three games.
The Thunder went 1-for-5 on the power play. Rapid City was 1-for-4 on the man advantage.
Wichita remains at home tomorrow night to host Rapid City at 7:05 p.m. Tomorrow night is Marvel Super Hero Night and Teddy Bear Toss. Come meet Black Panther on the concourse and don't forget those teddy bears. Fans can throw teddy bears on the ice when the Thunder scores their first goal. All stuffed animals will be donated to local charities and delivered by the Thunder staff and players to local hospitals to help put a smile on a child's face for the holidays.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.