Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals
NORFOLK, VA - Michael Doherty score the game-winning goal while Cole Kohler made 24 saves to lead the Manchester Monarchs past the Norfolk Admirals Saturday Night at Scope. Taylor Cammarata and Luke Nogard both notch their eighth goals of the year and extend their point streaks, Despite the loss, Norfolk remains in third place in the South Division with a record of (12-10-1-1 26 Points).
Manchester got on the board first just 1:14 into the opening period with a goal from Matt Marcinew. Zeb Knutson played the puck from along the right wall behind the net to Travis Walsh. Walsh fed the puck to Marcinew right in front of the net, and his shot beat Reichenbach over the glove to give Manchester a 1-0 lead.
Norfolk answered with a goal from Luke Nogard that summoned the stuffed animals to be thrown onto the ice for the Teddy Bear Toss (pictured below). Patrick D'Amico shot the puck from the point which caused a scrum in front of the net. Ben Duffy found the puck and pushed it across the crease to Luke Nogard. Nogard, waiting on the back post, jammed at the puck and was able to push the puck past Cole Kehler to tie the game at one.
Manchester regained the lead with a goal from David Kolomatis. Joe Pendenza skated into the Norfolk zone with possession of the puck. Pendenza fired a cross-ice pass to Kolomatis who's shot from the right circle went over the glove of Reichenbach to give Manchester the 2-1 lead.
The Admirals would tie the game on a goal from Manny Gialedakis. John Gustafsson gathered the puck along the half wall after a scrum in the right corner. Gustafsson played the puck to Jacob Graves at the left point. Graves unloaded a blast which was tipped on the way to the net by Gialedakis to tie game at 2. The goal was first professional goal for Gialedakis.
Norfolk took the lead courtesy of a goal from Taylor Cammarata. Darik Angeli skated into the Manchester end after a turnover in the neutral zone. Angeli fed a cross ice pass to Cammarata who skated through the left circle, went from his forehand to his backhand and put the puck around Kohler and into the open net to give Norfolk a 3-2 lead.
Manchester tied the game with a goal from Nic Pierog. Pierog skated into the Norfolk end after a turnover and shot the puck from between the circles and beat Reichenbach over the blocker to tie the game at three.
Manchester would get the deciding goal from Michael Dohtery at 12:30 of third period. Matt Marcinew played the puck to Eric Schurhamer to skated into the right circle. Schurhamer played the puck to the center of the ice where Dohtery knocked the puck in behind Reichenbach to give Manchester a 4-3 lead.
Ty Reichenbach made 29 saves on 33 shots and takes the loss for Norfolk, while Cole Kohler made 24 saves on 27 shots and gets his first win of the year for Manchester.
1 Michael Doherty MAN (GWG)
2 David Kolomatis MAN (1G)
3 Manny Gialedakis NOR (1G)
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, December 19, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 21, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 22, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m. - Hockey & Holly!
Coming Soon: Pink in the Rink presented by Cavalier Auto Group, take place on Saturday, January 19 against Jacksonville. The game will be played on pink ice and pink jerseys. Wear your pink as raise awareness for breast cancer prevention and research.
Admirals Ticket Information
Holiday Ticket Packs: Give the gift of hockey and receive four red-level ticket vouchers to be used for any 18-19 regular season game, an Admirals navy beanie, Admirals scarf and Admirals Holiday puck for just $65! (This is a $125 value!) To purchase, contact the Admirals office at 757-640-1212!
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
Images from this story
Norfolk Admirals goaltender Ty Reichenbach vs. the Manchester Monarchs
(Paul Jensen Photography)
Teddy Bears litter the ice during the Norfolk Admirals' Teddy Bear Toss
(Paul Jensen Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.