Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3
NORFOLK, Va. - The Manchester Monarchs completed a three-game sweep of the Norfolk Admirals, with a 4-3 victory, Saturday night at the Norfolk Scope.
The Monarchs (11-9-1-1) outscored the Admirals (12-10-1-1), 14-6, on the week and left Norfolk with six points.
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 1:14 in the first period, when Matt Marcinew scored his sixth goal of the season. Travis Walsh sent a pass from behind the Admirals net, where Marcinew one-timed a wrist shot past Admirals goaltender, Ty Reichenbach, to give the Monarchs a 1-0 lead.
The Admirals answered at 4:56 of the first period, making the score 1-1, with a goal from Luke Nogard, earning his eighth goal of the season. After a shot from Patrick D'Amico, Nogard picked up the puck in the crease, and snuck a shot past Monarchs goalie, Cole Kehler, to even the score.
The Monarchs regained the lead at 9:31 of the second period, with a goal from David Kolomatis, earning his third goal of the season. Joe Pendenza sent a pass across ice to Kolomatis, where he then snapped a wrist shot, past Reichenbach, to give the Monarchs a 2-1 lead.
The Admirals responded at 11:20 of the second period, with a goal from Manny Gialedakis, earning his first professional goal and first of the season. After a slapshot from the top of the offensive zone from Jacob Graves, Gialedakis tipped the shot past Kehler, making the score 2-2.
The Admirals took the lead at 1:44 of the third period, when Taylor Cammarata scored his eight goal of the season. Darik Angeli found Cammarata skating towards the net, where he stick-handled and snuck a backhand shot past Kehler, giving the Admirals a 3-2 lead.
The Monarchs answered at 3:44 of the third period, when Nic Pierog scored his tenth goal of the season. Pierog skated into the Admirals zone, and ripped a wrist shot over the blocker of Reichenbach, to tie the score, 3-3.
The Monarchs regained the lead at 12:30 of the third period, with a goal from Michael Doherty, earning his second goal of the season. Eric Schurhamer swiftly sent a pass across the Admirals zone, finding Doherty sitting right in front of the Admirals net. Doherty then put a wrist shot home, to give the Monarchs a 4-3 lead.
The Monarchs return to action Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 7:05 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at the DCU Center. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
Images from this story
Manchester Monarchs RW Zeb Knutson takes a shot against the Norfolk Admirals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Monarchs Drop First Game of Florida Trip, 5-2, to Jacksonville
- Monarchs Fall One Game Short of Sweep in 7-3 Loss to Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers in Overtime, 4-3
- Manchester Monarchs Partner with CMC to Host Pink in the Rink