Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3
NORFOLK, Va. - The Manchester Monarchs completed a three-game sweep of the Norfolk Admirals, with a 4-3 victory, Saturday night at the Norfolk Scope.
The Monarchs (11-9-1-1) outscored the Admirals (12-10-1-1), 14-6, on the week and left Norfolk with six points.
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 1:14 in the first period, when Matt Marcinew scored his sixth goal of the season. Travis Walsh sent a pass from behind the Admirals net, where Marcinew one-timed a wrist shot past Admirals goaltender, Ty Reichenbach, to give the Monarchs a 1-0 lead.
The Admirals answered at 4:56 of the first period, making the score 1-1, with a goal from Luke Nogard, earning his eighth goal of the season. After a shot from Patrick D'Amico, Nogard picked up the puck in the crease, and snuck a shot past Monarchs goalie, Cole Kehler, to even the score.
The Monarchs regained the lead at 9:31 of the second period, with a goal from David Kolomatis, earning his third goal of the season. Joe Pendenza sent a pass across ice to Kolomatis, where he then snapped a wrist shot, past Reichenbach, to give the Monarchs a 2-1 lead.
The Admirals responded at 11:20 of the second period, with a goal from Manny Gialedakis, earning his first professional goal and first of the season. After a slapshot from the top of the offensive zone from Jacob Graves, Gialedakis tipped the shot past Kehler, making the score 2-2.
The Admirals took the lead at 1:44 of the third period, when Taylor Cammarata scored his eight goal of the season. Darik Angeli found Cammarata skating towards the net, where he stick-handled and snuck a backhand shot past Kehler, giving the Admirals a 3-2 lead.
The Monarchs answered at 3:44 of the third period, when Nic Pierog scored his tenth goal of the season. Pierog skated into the Admirals zone, and ripped a wrist shot over the blocker of Reichenbach, to tie the score, 3-3.
The Monarchs regained the lead at 12:30 of the third period, with a goal from Michael Doherty, earning his second goal of the season. Eric Schurhamer swiftly sent a pass across the Admirals zone, finding Doherty sitting right in front of the Admirals net. Doherty then put a wrist shot home, to give the Monarchs a 4-3 lead.
The Monarchs return to action Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 7:05 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at the DCU Center. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
Images from this story
Manchester Monarchs RW Zeb Knutson takes a shot against the Norfolk Admirals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.