Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip
Kansas City, Missouri - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, dropped their second straight by falling to the Kansas City Mavericks by a score of 6-2 on Friday night.
After a scoreless opening period, which saw the Americans with some great scoring chances, the second period looked completely different for Allen. Kansas City scored four times in that second frame. Dave Dziurzynski scored, then two from Cliff Watson, and Rocco Carzo added another to put the Mavericks up 4-0. Zach Pochiro made it 4-1 late in the second period with his team-leading 10th goal of the season. Pochiro took a pass from Dante Salituro to put Allen on the board. Kansas City held a 23 to 14 advantage in shots on goal after two periods of play.
Kansas City jumped on the Americans again in the third period to put the game away. Willie Raskob scored on the power play with his first of the season. Dave Dziurzynski added his second of the night to make it a 6-1 Kansas City lead, before Mike Gunn found the back of the net for his first of the year from Josh Thrower and Mitch Maloney to make it a 6-2 game. Kansas City would hold on to win by that exact score, dropping the Americans to a 6-17-0-2 record. Kansas City is 5-0 against the Americans this season.
The same two teams face off tomorrow night at 7:05 pm. The pregame show on Mixlr.com airs at 6:50 pm.
1. KC - D. Dziurzynski
2. KC - R. Carzo
3. KC - C. Watson
Americans Next Home Game
Wednesday, December 19th vs Cincinnati
Venue: Allen Event Center 7:05 pm
Images from this story
Allen Americans and Kansas City Mavericks battle in front of the Allen net
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.