McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Operations Neil Graham announced three transactions Saturday. The Steelheads have signed defenseman Charlie Dodero to a Standard Player Contract (SPC), the Texas Stars have assigned forward Robbie Payne to the Steelheads, and forward Steve McParland has been loaned to the Stockton Heat (AHL).
Dodero, 26, returns to the Steelheads after starting the season with Tingsryds AIF of HockeyAllsvenskan in Sweden's second tier, recording two goals and five assists for seven points with 24 penalty minutes and a plus-two rating through 19 games. The Bloomingdale, Ill., native played four seasons with the Steelheads from between 2013 and 2018, posting 17 goals and 55 assists for 72 points through 213 games. Last season, the 6-foot-2, 209-pound defenseman tallied four goals and 15 assists for 19 points through 46 games in Idaho. Dodero has totaled 86 points over his 278 professional games.
Payne, 25, makes his first appearance in the ECHL following 14 games over the last two seasons with AHL Texas, notching five assists with four penalty minutes. The Gaylord, Mich., product made his professional debut on Mar. 24, 2018 with Texas in San Antonio and added his first point on Apr. 13, 2018 with two assists in San Antonio. The 5-foot-11, 194-pound forward played four seasons at Northern Michigan University, posting 54 goals and 40 assists for 94 points through 158 games, serving as co-captain in his senior season. Payne was a 2018 Hobey Baker Award Nominee, recording 24 goals and 10 assists for 34 points through 43 games.
McParland, 27, makes his fourth stint in the AHL in his professional career and first this season following 23 games with the Steelheads, earning 10 goals and nine assists for 19 points with a plus-nine rating. The Schreiber, Ont., native leads the Steelheads in both goals and scoring and now owns 41 goals and 35 for 76 points with the Steelheads in 91 games. McParland has played seven games between Binghamton, Chicago and Texas during the last two seasons, recording one assist with Chicago.
McParland also becomes the fifth Steelheads ECHL contract to be called-up this season, joining Ryan Faragher (Stockton, twice), Kale Kessy (Manitoba), and Brady Norrish (Texas) to be brought to the AHL.
The Steelheads finish their weekend against the Utah Grizzlies tonight at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena.
The Holiday Hat Trick is here! Get tickets and a Steelheads cap as your perfect stocking stuffer for the holiday season! Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Season Ends in Game 6, Falling 3-1 to Oilers
- Steelheads Game 6 & 7 Watch Party this Sunday & Monday
- Steelheads Surge Late to Force Game 6 with 3-1 Win over Oilers
- Steelheads Game 5 Tickets for Friday on Sale Now
- Steelheads Extend Postseason, Force Game 5 with 4-2 Win over Oilers