Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (12-8-3) extended their win streak to four games in a 4-2 win over the Utah Grizzlies (13-4-4) on Friday night at CenturyLink Arena.
A fast-paced game began with the opening goal just seconds into the period. At 0:19, Grizzlies forward Ryan Misiak sank the first shot of the night to open a 1-0 lead. The Steelheads found their answer later in the period at 7:49 thanks to a one-time shot off the right post from defenseman Colton Saucerman, leveling the score at 1-1.
The Steelheads gained their first lead of the night, 2-1, at 13:15 of the second period when forward Elgin Pearce slotted his shot from the slot after a drop-off pass. The Grizzlies answered exactly one minute later at 14:15 on a shot from forward Ryan Walters, tying the game again at 2-2.
At 7:01 of the third period, the Steelheads found their second and final lead of the night when defenseman Jeff King banked a shot off the back of forward Kyle Schempp to edge ahead, 3-2. The Steelheads sealed their victory at 18:39 on an empty net goal by forward Steve McParland, resting the scoreline at 4-2.
Steelheads netminder Tomas Sholl (7-3-0) turned aside 31 of 33 shots in the win, while Grizzlies goaltender Kevin Carr (6-1-1) stopped 28 of 31 shots in the loss. The Steelheads finish their weekend against the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:10 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 208-383-0080 or going to IdahoSteelheads.com.
The Holiday Hat Trick is here! Get tickets and a Steelheads cap as your perfect stocking stuffer for the holiday season! Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.