Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (12-8-3) extended their win streak to four games in a 4-2 win over the Utah Grizzlies (13-4-4) on Friday night at CenturyLink Arena.
A fast-paced game began with the opening goal just seconds into the period. At 0:19, Grizzlies forward Ryan Misiak sank the first shot of the night to open a 1-0 lead. The Steelheads found their answer later in the period at 7:49 thanks to a one-time shot off the right post from defenseman Colton Saucerman, leveling the score at 1-1.
The Steelheads gained their first lead of the night, 2-1, at 13:15 of the second period when forward Elgin Pearce slotted his shot from the slot after a drop-off pass. The Grizzlies answered exactly one minute later at 14:15 on a shot from forward Ryan Walters, tying the game again at 2-2.
At 7:01 of the third period, the Steelheads found their second and final lead of the night when defenseman Jeff King banked a shot off the back of forward Kyle Schempp to edge ahead, 3-2. The Steelheads sealed their victory at 18:39 on an empty net goal by forward Steve McParland, resting the scoreline at 4-2.
Steelheads netminder Tomas Sholl (7-3-0) turned aside 31 of 33 shots in the win, while Grizzlies goaltender Kevin Carr (6-1-1) stopped 28 of 31 shots in the loss. The Steelheads finish their weekend against the Grizzlies at CenturyLink Arena on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:10 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 208-383-0080 or going to IdahoSteelheads.com.
The Holiday Hat Trick is here! Get tickets and a Steelheads cap as your perfect stocking stuffer for the holiday season! Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Clinch Series with 2-1 Overtime Win over Grizzlies
- Steelheads Erase Three-Goal Deficit, Complete Comeback in 5-4 Overtime Win in Game 4
- Steelheads Battle to 3-2 Overtime Win over Utah, Take Series Lead
- Steelheads to Host Free Watch Parties for Games in Utah at SportZone
- Brad McClure Joins Steelheads from Texas Stars