Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018
Who: Norfolk Admirals (12-9-1-1, 26 pts) vs. Manchester Monarchs (10-9-1-1, 22 pts)
Where: Norfolk Scope Arena
When: 7:00 p.m.
Tickets: Purchase Now Online CLICK HERE, or at the Scope Box Office
Regular Season Series: Manchester leads 2-0-0
All-Time Series: Manchester leads 17-2-6
Game Broadcast: Free audio stream on Mixlr CLICK HERE
Internet TV Broadcast: Available on ECHL.TV
Tonight's Promotions: Tonight is the annual Teddy Bear Toss. Fans are encouraged to bring a new teddy bear or stuffed animal to the game to throw onto the ice when the Admirals score their first goal. The stuffed toys will be distributed to local children's charities for the holidays! The following is a complete listing of promotions & ticket offers for tonight's game:
Teddy Bear & Ticket Offer: Receive one red-level voucher for Saturday's game and an Admirals Teddy Bear to throw onto the ice for just $20! To purchase call 757-640-1212, or to order online CLICK HERE
Pregame Fan Fest: Come early and join the fun from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Exhibition Hall at Scope. Music, bounce houses, street hockey, corn hole and Connect 4 games and more will all be available for fans to enjoy!
Canned Food Drive Ticket Offer: Bring a canned food item to donate to those in need, and receive $2 off your ticket price. Discount good for all price levels, and tickets must be purchased at the Scope Box Office. Limit one (1) $2 discount per person donating. Offer good for tonight's game only.
Postgame Skate: Skate with and meet the Admirals players following tonight's game. Skates will be made available, or fans may bring their own.
The Fur Circus is in town! The Fur Circus mascots (pictured below) will be on hand to entertain fans throughout the game!
Jewish Heritage Night: Join us for a Hanukkah celebration along with other holiday activities! The Admirals will have a menorah lighting presentation on the ice to celebrate the seventh day of Hanukkah.
About Tonight's Game: Tonight's contest marks the third and final meeting between the two teams this week. After entering the week on a four-game unbeaten streak, the Admirals (12-9-1-1, 26 pts) have dropped both games with the Monarchs this week. The Monarchs (10-9-1-1, 22 pts) have won back-to-back games and are now 3-0-0 against non-divisional opponents. Manchester remains in seventh place in the North Division, but is just two-points back from third place.
About the Admirals: Several Admirals players currently possess points streaks heading into tonight's game. Luke Nogard extended his five-game point streak with an assist in last night's game. Nogard has five points (3g, 2a) during this five-game stretch. Forwards Patrick D'Amico and Ben Duffy are each riding four-game point streaks while registering six points during this stretch. Meanwhile, second-year pro Taylor Cammarata has logged points in five of the last six games.... The Admirals have thrived on good starts to games this season. The Admirals are 9-3-0-1 when scoring first, while going 3-6-1-0 when they surrender the game's first goal.
Admirals Team Leaders
Points: Domenic Alberga**, Taylor Cammarata (18)
Goals: Domenic Alberga**, Taylor Cammarata, Luke Nogard (7)
Assists: Jalen Smereck (14)
Plus/Minus: Domenic Alberga** (+2)
Penalty Minutes: Daniel Maggio** (47)
Power Play Goals: Several tied (2)
Shorthanded Goals: Patrick D'amico, Domenic Alberga** (1)
Shots: Darik Angeli (70)
Wins: Ty Reichenbach (9)
Save %: Brad Barone (0.891)
GAA: Brad Barone (3.47)
Power Play: 12th 16-for-91 (17.6%)
Penalty Kill: 13th, 16-on-83 (84.3%)
**Denotes player currently in AHL
About the Monarchs: Goaltender Chris Driedger has now stopped 60 of the 63 shots faced in the two games with Norfolk this week. Driedger returned to the Monarchs on Wednesday from the American Hockey League (AHL)....Forward Pavel Jenys also joined the team on Wednesday and has recorded a goal and two assists in two appearances with Manchester....Last night the Monarchs used five different goal scorers en route to their 5-2 win over the Admirals. One of those goals was scored by forward Cory Ward who has posted five points (3g, 2a) in the two games this week at Scope.
Monarchs Team Leaders
Points: Spencer Watson, Matt Marcinew (16)
Goals: Spencer Watson (10)
Assists: Matt Marcinew, David Kolomatis. Michael Doherty (11)
Plus/Minus: Several tied (+7)
Penalty Minutes: Craig Wyzsomirski (28)
Power Play Goals: Spencer Watson (2)
Shorthanded Goals: Craig Wyzsomirski , David Kolomatis (1)
Shots: Matt Marcinew (65)
Wins: Chris Driedger (5)
Save %: Chris Driedger (.918)
GAA: Chris Driedger (2.30)
Power Play: 27th, 5-for-71 (7.0%)
Penalty Kill: 19th, 13-on-73 (82.2%)
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, December 19, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 21, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 22, vs. Wheeling, 7:00 p.m. - Hockey & Holly!
Coming Soon: Pink in the Rink presented by Cavalier Auto Group, take place on Saturday, January 19 against Jacksonville. The game will be played on pink ice and pink jerseys. Wear your pink as raise awareness for breast cancer prevention and research.
Admirals Ticket Information
Holiday Ticket Packs: Give the gift of hockey and receive four red-level ticket vouchers to be used for any 18-19 regular season game, an Admirals navy beanie, Admirals scarf and Admirals Holiday puck for just $65! (This is a $125 value!) To purchase, contact the Admirals office at 757-640-1212!
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget! T
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
Images from this story
Norfolk Admirals forward Taylor Cammarata
(Paul Jensen Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.