Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Hershey Bears, the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the South Carolina Stingrays, announced the recall of forward Grant Besse Saturday. The 24-year-old winger has played well for the Stingrays this season, leading the team with 24 points on 12 goals and 12 assists in 20 contests.
Besse was named the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week last month on Nov. 6 after scoring three goals and three assists along with a +4 rating in two victories at Allen. The Plymouth, Minn. native also leads the ECHL in shots on goal with 106.
In 82 career ECHL games, Besse has posted 86 points (42g, 44a) with Norfolk and the Rays. Last year in his rookie season, he also appeared in 11 AHL games with Cleveland and scored seven points (1g, 6a).
Prior to turning pro, Besse played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin and scored 97 points on 39 goals and 58 assists in 138 career games. The forward was formerly a 5th round selection of the Anaheim Ducks (147th overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft.
South Carolina is back in action against Atlanta on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. for Teddy Bear Toss Night, where fans will toss stuffed animals on the ice after the Rays' first goal and the first 2,000 fans at the game will receive a Stingrays Santa Hat!
Single-game tickets for all Stingrays home games during the 2018-19 season are on sale now at the North Charleston Coliseum Box Office and ticketmaster.com.
Group tickets for 10 or more fans are on sale now featuring discounted pricing and great benefits! For more information and to place an order call the Stingrays front office at 843-744-2248 or stop by 3300 W. Montague Ave. Suite A-200 during business hours.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 8, 2018
- Cammarata's Third Period Goal Not Enough as Monarchs Edge Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Hat Trick from Matt Rupert Leads Fuel to Victory over Komets - Indy Fuel
- Askew, Kozun, Pohlkamp Help Toss One into Win Column - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Comeback in KC Spoiled by Two Late Mavericks Goals - Allen Americans
- Kulbakov Leads K-Wings to Teddy Toss Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Outlast Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adirondack Drops Game in Overtime After Controversial No Call - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Sink Admirals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Dominate Wings in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Sink Walleye, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Huntebrinker Stays Hot to Bounce Growlers, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- McParland Heads to Stockton, Dodero and Payne Join Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Besse Earns AHL Call-Up to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 8 - ECHL
- Lightning Prospect Oleg Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Florida Everblades
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 8 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 8, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fan Favorite Biggs Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Americans Close Weekend Set Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: Teddy Toss Night in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Look for Weekend Sweep against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 4-2 in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Cruises Past Rapid City, 5-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Extend Streak to Four Wins, Take Down Utah 4-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall to Mavs in the First of a 6-Game Road Trip - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Beat Greenville, Push Point Streak to 10 Games - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.