Springfield Thunderbirds to Welcome Red Sox Legend Pedro Martinez on Saturday, April 13
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds are excited to welcome Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher and Boston Red Sox great Pedro Martinez to the MassMutual Center on Saturday, April 13, 2019, as the Thunderbirds host the Providence Bruins.
2019 will mark the 15-year anniversary of the 2004 Boston Red Sox World Series Championship, which made worldwide headlines as the team snapped "The Curse of the Bambino" after 86 years. Martinez won 16 games in the 2004 regular season and then earned the win in Game 3 of the Fall Classic, defeating the St. Louis Cardinals en route to a Red Sox sweep.
Martinez's appearance at the Thunderdome will grant New England sports fans a unique opportunity to celebrate the beloved 2004 Red Sox and the career of Pedro Martinez. In advance of Martinez's visit to Springfield, the Thunderbirds will commemorate the appearance with a limited edition bobblehead, presented by MassLive, to the first 5,000 fans on Saturday, February 2 when the T-Birds host the Utica Comets at 7:05 p.m. at the MassMutual Center.
Martinez was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2015 following an 18-year MLB career that saw him win 219 games, capture three Cy Young awards as the league's best pitcher, and strike out 3,154 batters.
"Even 15 years later, the 2004 Red Sox remain one of the most celebrated and beloved teams in the history of baseball," said Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa. "We at the Thunderbirds are committed to providing first-class entertainment in Springfield, and we are honored to welcome Pedro Martinez for what is sure to be another unforgettable memory for our fans."
Martinez will be in the spotlight for a pregame puck drop ceremony, as well as throughout the evening for in-game activities. Additionally, the Thunderbirds will sport Red Sox themed specialty jerseys, which will be auctioned postgame.
Fans can secure their tickets to Pedro Martinez Night right now by purchasing an Opening Night ticket pack. For $99 in the Attack Zone sections or $125 in the Center Value sections, Pedro's Opening Night Packs will include the following:
Two (2) tickets to Opening Night - Sat., Oct. 13 vs. LV, 7:05 p.m. ET
Two (2) tickets to Pedro Martinez Night - Sat., April 13, 2019 vs. PRO, 7:05 p.m. ET
Two (2) anytime ticket vouchers redeemable at any game during the 2018-19 season (including Opening Night or Pedro Martinez Night, subject to availability)
Commemorative 2019 AHL All-Star Classic puck
Dunkin' Gift Card
(NOTE: Fans who have previously purchased an Opening Night Pack will have the ability to redeem their anytime ticket vouchers for Pedro Martinez Night.)
Springfield area fans wishing to be part of a once-in-a-lifetime experience with Martinez are encouraged to purchase a Pedro VIP Pack. For $145, a limited quantity of VIP's will receive:
One (1) ticket to Pedro Martinez Night - Sat., April 13, 2019 vs. PRO 7:05 p.m. ET
Access to premium VIP area featuring photo with Pedro Martinez (*Please note: NO cell phone "selfies" and NO autographs will be permitted)
Commemorative Pedro Martinez Night puck
Cash bar/light hors-d'oeuvres
8x10 glossy photo
Ability to purchase additional single game tickets for Pedro Martinez Night before public on-sale October 13
Individual game tickets to the general public for Pedro Martinez Night will go on sale on Saturday, October 13. Single game tickets will be sold at a premium rate of $35 on the Glass, $28 in the Center Ice sections, $26 in the Center Value sections, $24 in the Attack Zone sections, and $20 in the Defense Zone sections. Please note Power Play seats will not be available for Pedro Martinez Night.
Pedro Martinez Night will be available to all Thunderbirds ticket members (Full, 22-Game, and 10-Game) at no additional cost. *Please note: the Never Waste a Ticket exchange program and Bring-a-Friend vouchers will not be valid for Saturday, April 13, 2019.
?While VIP supplies last, Thunderbirds' ticket members will have the option to add on the VIP package for just $99 while maintaining their same seats. Single game tickets for all other 2018-19 Thunderbirds regular season home games are on sale now at www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 2, 2018
- Roadrunners to Celebrate Opening Night 2018 Saturday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Detroit Sends Three to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Acquire Sam Gagner on Loan - Toronto Marlies
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Chicago Wolves Add Firepower with McKenzie and Carr - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Defeat Marlies, 5-4, in Preseason Finale - Syracuse Crunch
- Anderson, Herbert Reassigned to Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- 8 Wing/CFB Trenton Hosts Belleville Senators for Team-Building Day - Belleville Senators
- Tomkins Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Four Players Join Rampage from St. Louis - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Send Three to Atlanta - Milwaukee Admirals
- Detroit Sends Three to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- F Taylor Leier Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jaros Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Loan Four Players to Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Defenseman Mark Alt Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Dallas Finalizes Roster, Sends Three to Texas - Texas Stars
- Amerks Assign Atwal to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Sign D-Man Justin Wade to One-Year, Two-Way AHL/ECHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Flames Announce 2018-19 Opening Day Roster - Stockton Heat
- Columbus Blue Jackets Set Season-Opening Roster - Cleveland Monsters
- Stockton Announces Roster Moves - Stockton Heat
- Sabres Claim Elie off Waivers - Rochester Americans
- Colorado Avalanche Assign O'Connor, Warsofsky to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Welcome Red Sox Legend Pedro Martinez on Saturday, April 13 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Announce 2018-19 Tour with the Monsters Dates - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild to Broadcast on 1460 KXNO, MC22 During 2018-19 Season - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Loan Four Players to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Gulls Drop Preseason Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Reign Rally past Gulls - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Driedger Strong, But T-Birds' Offense Comes up Empty in Bridgeport
- T-Birds Look for Third Win of Road Trip in Bridgeport
- Greco Silences Comets with Penalty Shot OT Winner
- T-Birds Look to Close Season Series against Comets with Win in Utica
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat