Ralph Named Eastern Conference Coach for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic
ESTERO, Fla. - The ECHL announced on Tuesday that Florida Everblades head coach Brad Ralph will serve as the head coach of the Eastern Conference All-Stars at the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, which will be hosted by the Toledo Walleye on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. ET.
In his third season as the bench boss for the Everblades, Ralph has earned the right to coach in the All-Star game in all three of his seasons with the organization.
Ralph, 39, has led the 'Blades to a 23-7-5-0 mark through 35 games this season. After the 'Blades started the season at 5-5-2-0, Ralph has helped orchestrate an eye-opening stretch since then that has seen Florida reel off 18 wins in its last 23 games (18-2-3-0) and take over the top spot in the ECHL with a league-best 51 points.
Last season, Ralph received the John Brophy Award as the ECHL Coach of the Year, while leading Florida to the Brabham Cup for the best record during the regular season and a berth in the Kelly Cup Finals. Under his watch, Florida set a franchise record with 112 points and tied the franchise-best win total of 53.
Ralph is 254-105-36 in his six seasons as an ECHL coach and ranks fifth all-time in league history with a .689 winning percentage. He started his tenure in the ECHL as the head coach of the Idaho Steelheads from 2012-15 and compiled a record of 132-64-20 in three seasons with Idaho.
Ralph will join Cincinnati Cyclones head coach Matt Thomas as the two coaches for this season's All-Star Classic. Both coaches were selected as a result of owning the top winning percentage in their respective conferences through games on Dec. 22, 2018.
For the second consecutive year, the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. New in 2019, the host team will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL Players, and showcasing the future of hockey as they develop in the League.
Ralph and the Everblades continue a six-game homestand with a three-game series against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this weekend. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2019
- Fuel Cruise to Home Victory over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Knock off Rapid City in Final Game of Home Stand - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Pair of Goals Completes Comeback in 3-2 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Late Surge in Indy Comes up Short, Fall 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Fall Late to Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Overpowered in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Double up the Mariners 8-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Add a Trio of Defensemen to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Justin Wade Loaned to Everblades from Cleveland - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Spencer Naas Joins Steelheads, McClure and Phelan to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Sign Forward Alec Butcher - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Host Alumni Game on January 19 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Send Murphy to Maine to Complete November Deal - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Acquire Murphy to Complete Trade with Kalamazoo - Maine Mariners
- All-Star Coaches Named - Toledo Walleye
- Ralph Named Eastern Conference Coach for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Coaches Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Thomas Named Western Conference All-Stars Head Coach - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sharks Reassign Brodzinski, Donaghey from Solar Bears to Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fort Wayne's Fucale Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Idaho's Petryk Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thunder Add Goalie to Roster with Addition of Dillon Kelley - Adirondack Thunder
- Reid Petryk Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Breton Returned from AHL Loan, Named ECHL All Star - Allen Americans
- Mariners Weekly: Canadian Voyage - Maine Mariners
- Komet Zach Fucale Snares ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Gardiner's Impressive Streak Leads K-Wings into Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals continue to get points, host Adirondack Wednesday - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0
- 'Blades Weekly: Season's Only Trip West Set for this Weekend
- Return of McCarron, Sheppard Highlights String of Roster Moves
- 'Blades Forward Kyle Platzer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout