Idaho's Petryk Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week
January 8, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Reid Petryk of the Idaho Steelheads has been selected as the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for the week of Dec. 31-Jan. 6.
Petryk scored scored four goals - including two game-winning tallies - and added three assists for seven points in three games last week.
The 25-year-old posted four points (2g-2a) in a 6-5 win at Rapid City and added three points (2g-1a) in a 4-2 victory at Tulsa on Saturday before being held off the scoresheet in a 3-1 loss to the Oilers on Sunday.
A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Petryk has 27 points (14g-13a) in 28 games with the Steelheads this season.
Petryk has posted 32 points (14g-18a) in 54 career ECHL games with Idaho and Fort Wayne while recording 78 points (36g-42a) in 205 career games in the American?Hockey League with San Antonio and Lake Erie.
Prior to turning pro, Petryk had 160 points (65g-95a) in 321 career games in the Western Hockey League with Medicine Hat, Everett and Edmonton.
On behalf of Reid Petryk, a case of pucks will be donated to an Idaho youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 39,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
Runners Up: Spencer Watson, Manchester (4 gp, 2g, 5a, 7 pts.) and Troy Josephs, Wheeling (4 gp, 3g, 4a, 7 pts.).
Also Nominated: Matias Cleland (Adirondack), Justin Hodgman (Fort Wayne), Ryan Rupert (Indy), Tanner Sorenson (Kalamazoo), Domenic Alberga (Norfolk), Andrew Cherniwchan (South Carolina), TJ?Hensick (Toledo) and Jack Walker (Utah).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2019
- Fuel Cruise to Home Victory over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Knock off Rapid City in Final Game of Home Stand - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Pair of Goals Completes Comeback in 3-2 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Late Surge in Indy Comes up Short, Fall 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Fall Late to Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Overpowered in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Double up the Mariners 8-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Add a Trio of Defensemen to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Justin Wade Loaned to Everblades from Cleveland - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Spencer Naas Joins Steelheads, McClure and Phelan to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Sign Forward Alec Butcher - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Host Alumni Game on January 19 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Send Murphy to Maine to Complete November Deal - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Acquire Murphy to Complete Trade with Kalamazoo - Maine Mariners
- All-Star Coaches Named - Toledo Walleye
- Ralph Named Eastern Conference Coach for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Coaches Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Thomas Named Western Conference All-Stars Head Coach - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sharks Reassign Brodzinski, Donaghey from Solar Bears to Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fort Wayne's Fucale Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Idaho's Petryk Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thunder Add Goalie to Roster with Addition of Dillon Kelley - Adirondack Thunder
- Reid Petryk Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Breton Returned from AHL Loan, Named ECHL All Star - Allen Americans
- Mariners Weekly: Canadian Voyage - Maine Mariners
- Komet Zach Fucale Snares ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Gardiner's Impressive Streak Leads K-Wings into Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals continue to get points, host Adirondack Wednesday - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.