Defenseman Justin Wade Loaned to Everblades from Cleveland
ESTERO, Fla. - The American Hockey League's Cleveland Monsters have loaned defenseman Justin Wade to the Florida Everblades, 'Blades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Tuesday.
Wade, 24, has tabbed two points in 11 games for the 'Blades this season, his first season of professional hockey after playing four seasons for the University of Notre Dame. He played in one game with Cleveland this past weekend after being recalled on Friday and has posted one point in eight total games with the Monsters this season.
A native of Aurora, Illinois, Wade saw ice time in 117 career games with the Fighting Irish and registered 17 career points on two goals and 15 assists. As a senior in 2017-18, Wade helped Notre Dame capture the Big Ten regular season and tournament titles in the program's first season in the conference.
Prior to his college career, Wade played three seasons in the USHL, splitting time between the Fargo Force and Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound rear guard also appeared in two games for the U.S. National Team Development Program Under-18 team in the 2011-12 season.
The Everblades continue a six-game homestand with a three-game series against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this weekend. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday and 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2019
- Fuel Cruise to Home Victory over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Knock off Rapid City in Final Game of Home Stand - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Pair of Goals Completes Comeback in 3-2 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Late Surge in Indy Comes up Short, Fall 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Fall Late to Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Overpowered in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Double up the Mariners 8-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Add a Trio of Defensemen to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Justin Wade Loaned to Everblades from Cleveland - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Spencer Naas Joins Steelheads, McClure and Phelan to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Sign Forward Alec Butcher - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Host Alumni Game on January 19 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Send Murphy to Maine to Complete November Deal - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Acquire Murphy to Complete Trade with Kalamazoo - Maine Mariners
- All-Star Coaches Named - Toledo Walleye
- Ralph Named Eastern Conference Coach for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Coaches Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Thomas Named Western Conference All-Stars Head Coach - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sharks Reassign Brodzinski, Donaghey from Solar Bears to Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fort Wayne's Fucale Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Idaho's Petryk Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thunder Add Goalie to Roster with Addition of Dillon Kelley - Adirondack Thunder
- Reid Petryk Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Breton Returned from AHL Loan, Named ECHL All Star - Allen Americans
- Mariners Weekly: Canadian Voyage - Maine Mariners
- Komet Zach Fucale Snares ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Gardiner's Impressive Streak Leads K-Wings into Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals continue to get points, host Adirondack Wednesday - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0
- 'Blades Weekly: Season's Only Trip West Set for this Weekend
- Return of McCarron, Sheppard Highlights String of Roster Moves
- 'Blades Forward Kyle Platzer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout