Fort Wayne's Fucale Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week
January 8, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Zach Fucale of the Fort Wayne Komets has been named the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of Dec. 31-Jan. 6.
Fucale went 2-0-0 with a 1.50 goals-against average and a save percentage of .951 in two appearances last week.
The 23-year-old turned aside 33 shots in a 4-1 win at Indy on Thursday and made 25 saves in a 3-2 victory over the Fuel on Saturday.
Under a National Hockey League contract with Vegas, Fucale has appeared 17 games for the Komets this season going 10-5-1 with a 2.81 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage. He also represented Team Canada at the Spengler Cup in?Davos,?Switzerland where he posted a 1.47 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage in four appearances.
A native of Laval, Quebec, Fucale has seen action in 74 career ECHL?games with Fort Wayne and Brampton posting an overall record of 40-21-7 with four shutouts, a 3.03 goals-against average and a save percentage of .902. He is 27-28-4 in 63 career American Hockey League games with Laval and St. John's.
Prior to turning pro, Fucale appeared in 204 career games in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with Halifax and Quebec, where he was 134-49-14 with 13 shutouts, a 2.73 goals-against average and a save percentage of .898.
Runner Up: Kevin Carr, Utah (3-0-0, 2.31 GAA, .911 save pct.)
Also Nominated: Tomas Sholl (Idaho), Charlie Millen (Orlando), Gordon Defiel (South Carolina), Pat Nagle (Toledo) and John Muse (Wheeling).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2019
- Fuel Cruise to Home Victory over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Knock off Rapid City in Final Game of Home Stand - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Pair of Goals Completes Comeback in 3-2 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Mavs Late Surge in Indy Comes up Short, Fall 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Monarchs Fall Late to Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Overpowered in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Double up the Mariners 8-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Add a Trio of Defensemen to Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Justin Wade Loaned to Everblades from Cleveland - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Spencer Naas Joins Steelheads, McClure and Phelan to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Sign Forward Alec Butcher - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Host Alumni Game on January 19 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Send Murphy to Maine to Complete November Deal - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Acquire Murphy to Complete Trade with Kalamazoo - Maine Mariners
- All-Star Coaches Named - Toledo Walleye
- Ralph Named Eastern Conference Coach for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Coaches Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Thomas Named Western Conference All-Stars Head Coach - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sharks Reassign Brodzinski, Donaghey from Solar Bears to Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fort Wayne's Fucale Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Idaho's Petryk Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thunder Add Goalie to Roster with Addition of Dillon Kelley - Adirondack Thunder
- Reid Petryk Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Breton Returned from AHL Loan, Named ECHL All Star - Allen Americans
- Mariners Weekly: Canadian Voyage - Maine Mariners
- Komet Zach Fucale Snares ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Gardiner's Impressive Streak Leads K-Wings into Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals continue to get points, host Adirondack Wednesday - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.