Puck Drops on Admirals Season Tonight
Milwaukee, WI - The puck drops on the 2018-19 Milwaukee Admirals season and the Karl Taylor era tonight when the team hits the ice against the Texas Stars at 7 pm from the H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, TX.
Named the 21st Head Coach in organization history earlier this summer, Taylor's first game will be against his former team as he spent the past four seasons as an assistant with the Stars, helping them make it to game 7 of the Calder Cup Finals last year. Joining Taylor behind the Admirals bench will be Scott Ford, who is entering his fourth season as an assistant, and Greg Rallo, who is in his first year on the coaching side after concluding a successful 12-year playing career last year.
In addition to a new coach, the Admirals saw a significant amount of turnover on their roster from last season as only nine players return who skated with the club in 2017-18. One of those nine is goalie Troy Grosenick, who was acquired by Nashville at the trading deadline last season, and is expected to start in goal against Texas. A native of Brookfield, Grosenick is the first Admirals player to be raised in Milwaukee.
Also returning to the club this year is Emil Pettersson, who led the Admirals in scoring with 46 points last season, and Anthony Richard, who was fourth on the club with 19 goals. Other returners include forwards Tyler Gaudet, Justin Kirkland and Yakov Trenin and defensemen Frederic Allard, Alex Carrier, and Joonas Lyytinen.
Like I have done in previous seasons I will have video highlights sent over as soon as possible on WeTransfer. In addition, game notes and a roster with a pronunciation guide are attached for your use. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
The Admirals will commence their home schedule one week from tonight on Saturday, October 13th at 6 pm against the Hershey Bears at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2018
- Bears Drop Season Opener to Crunch, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Win Season Opener in a Shootout, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Outlast Marlies in Home Opener, 7-5 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 in Home Opener - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Top Bears, 3-2, in Season Opener - Syracuse Crunch
- Hutchinson, Thompson Shine, But Penguins Prevail in Shootout - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Earn Hard-Fought First Win of Season - Utica Comets
- Roy Scores Twice as Checkers Top Amerks 4-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Fall in Season Opener to Utica - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Sign Forwards Peter Sivak and Ryan Tesink to Professional Tryouts - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Name Jaycob Megna Team Captain - San Diego Gulls
- Sikura Brothers Strike, But IceHogs Fall 5-2 to Cleveland - Rockford IceHogs
- Mikhail Berdin Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Roll Past Rockford, 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #1 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- O'Brien out After Undergoing Surgery - Belleville Senators
- Puck Drops on Admirals Season Tonight - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Loan G Komm & D Luukko to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Look for Back to Back Wins on Opening Weekend - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Open up Home Schedule Tonight at 6PM at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso - Stockton Heat
- Game Preview: Bears Host Syracuse in 2018-19 Home Opener - Hershey Bears
- Condors Home Tonight with $21 Jerseys - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Open 18th Season this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Recall Leier from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, October 6 - Belleville Senators
- Delia Assigned to Rockford, Tomkins Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Roll Past Reign 4-1 in Season Opener - San Jose Barracuda
- Condors Throttle Stockton in Opener, 8-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Falls in Season Opener - Ontario Reign
- Stingy Berube, Strong Third Period Lift Monsters over Hogs 4-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Rychel Scores Heat First Goal in Loss - Stockton Heat
- Stars Spoil Simon's Debut - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Open with a Loss at Iowa - Manitoba Moose
- Eagles Fall to Chicago in Overtime in AHL Debut - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Wild Wins First Home Opener Since 2013 with 4-1 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Brannstrom, Wolves Take 25th Anniversary Season Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Open 10th Anniversary Season with 3-1 Win - Texas Stars
- Amerks Drop Season Opener to Checkers - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.