Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks and the AHL's San Diego Gulls, announced Wednesday the signing of goaltender Ryan Ruck.
Ruck, 27, signs with the Oilers after playing the 2020-21 season with the Macon Mayhem, going 15-4-0 with the Mayhem, while posting a 2.07 GAA and a .931 save percentage. Ruck also earned SPHL All-Rookie Team honors.
Prior to turning pro, Ruck spent four seasons with Northeastern University, and one season with Colorado College. The 6'1, 185 lbs. goaltender totaled 96 NCAA games played, going 47-32-8, producing a 2.68 GAA and a .904 save percentage.
A native of Coto de Caza, CA, Ruck played 68 games in the USHL with Des Moines, appearing 68 times for Buccaneers, while posting a 20-28-11 record, a 3.08 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Tulsa continues a nine-game home stand on Thursday, Dec. 2 against the Rapid City Rush at 7:05 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3 is Teddy Bear Toss Night, benefiting the Salvation Army. Fans are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal to the game and throw it onto the ice after the first Oilers' goal. Tulsa closes out the week on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 4:05 p.m. against longtime rival Wichita.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2021
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Beat Gladiators, Remain Undefeated at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Lions Shock Blades in Three Goal Comeback - Florida Everblades
- Mandolese Shines in Narrow Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Gain Point in Wild Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Double up Royals in 4-2 Win - Newfoundland Growlers
- Chaz Reddekopp Signs PTO with Tucson Roadrunners - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings in Forward van Riemsdyk - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo's Berry Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Lions' Florida Road Trip Begins Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Rush Trade Kehler to Cincinnati for Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Kehler from Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Bring in Griff Jeszka - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kendall Mullens Selected as Teacher of the Month for November - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Heads to Iowa for First-Ever Meeting vs. Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Fitzpatrick, Pecararo, and Zimmer Called to AHL Charlotte - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Visits Newfoundland in Battle with League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Trois Rivières to Visit Hertz Arena for First Time Wednesday - Florida Everblades
- Glads Set for Series in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Handle Mavericks, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.