Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears (10-6-1-0) open a home-and-home series with the Jacksonville Icemen (8-7-1-1) this evening at 7 p.m. at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. The Solar Bears are 2-1-0-0 against the Icemen this season. Orlando has a chance to move past Florida (game tonight vs. Trois-Rivières Lions) into first place in the South Division
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Goaltender Zach Émond is expected to start tonight. He picked up the win against Jacksonville in his lone appearance against the Icemen on Oct. 31, a 5-4 overtime win, in which the rookie netminder made 19 saves on 23 shots against.
The Solar Bears are 9-0-0-0 when scoring first.
Joe Garreffa enters tonight's game with a three-game point streak (3g-1a). He is expected to play in his 50th career game with the Solar Bears, and his 75th as a professional. He is three points away from 50 in his pro career.
Orlando is 2-for-7 (28.6%) with the man advantage against Jacksonville.
Jackson Keane leads Orlando with three assists against the Icemen.
The Solar Bears can match the team's 2013-14 squad for the fastest 11 wins in team history (18 games) with a victory tonight.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears return home to host the Icemen on Thursday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center for Mental Health Awareness Night, presented by AdventHealth. The game also serves as Thirsty Thursday, featuring $5 domestic draft beer specials during the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2021
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Beat Gladiators, Remain Undefeated at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Lions Shock Blades in Three Goal Comeback - Florida Everblades
- Mandolese Shines in Narrow Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Gain Point in Wild Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Double up Royals in 4-2 Win - Newfoundland Growlers
- Chaz Reddekopp Signs PTO with Tucson Roadrunners - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings in Forward van Riemsdyk - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo's Berry Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Lions' Florida Road Trip Begins Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Rush Trade Kehler to Cincinnati for Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Kehler from Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Bring in Griff Jeszka - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kendall Mullens Selected as Teacher of the Month for November - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Heads to Iowa for First-Ever Meeting vs. Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Fitzpatrick, Pecararo, and Zimmer Called to AHL Charlotte - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Visits Newfoundland in Battle with League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Trois Rivières to Visit Hertz Arena for First Time Wednesday - Florida Everblades
- Glads Set for Series in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Handle Mavericks, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Lightning Reassign Odeen Tufto to AHL
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update
- Brad Barone Added to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic
- Solar Bears Earn Point in Rally, But Fall 4-3 in OT to Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 16, 2022