Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November
(Toledo, OH) - Forward Matt Berry has been named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month for November by leading the ECHL with a plus-minus rating of +13.
Berry was even or better in all but two of the twelve games the Walleye played in November with three times he reached +3 in games (November 3 at Indy, November 6 vs. Kalamazoo and November 20 vs. Iowa). He currently leads the ECHL with a +16 rating for the season and is currently with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
The Canton, Michigan native is currently tied for the league-lead in assists with 15 and is second in points with 24 through Toledo's first 15 games. He was named ECHL Player of the Week for the week of November 15-21. Berry is averaging a point-per-game in his ECHL career with 189 (76G, 113A) in 186 games played. The 29-year-old also has 63 career contests in the AHL featuring another 22 points (7G, 15A).
Prior to his pro career, Berry spent four seasons at Michigan State University that saw him skate in 130 games with 48 goals and 48 helpers. In 2014-15 he landed on the Honorable Mention All-Star team for the Big 10. As a senior, he posted 29 points (12G, 17A) in 29 contests. That year Berry led the Spartans in scoring.
In recognition of his accomplishment, AMIâGraphics will present Matt Berry with a personalized Plus Performer of the Month Banner during an on-ice ceremony at an upcoming Walleye home game.
Images from this story
Toledo Walleye forward Matt Berry
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2021
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Beat Gladiators, Remain Undefeated at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Lions Shock Blades in Three Goal Comeback - Florida Everblades
- Mandolese Shines in Narrow Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Gain Point in Wild Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Double up Royals in 4-2 Win - Newfoundland Growlers
- Chaz Reddekopp Signs PTO with Tucson Roadrunners - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings in Forward van Riemsdyk - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo's Berry Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Lions' Florida Road Trip Begins Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Rush Trade Kehler to Cincinnati for Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Kehler from Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Bring in Griff Jeszka - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kendall Mullens Selected as Teacher of the Month for November - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Heads to Iowa for First-Ever Meeting vs. Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Fitzpatrick, Pecararo, and Zimmer Called to AHL Charlotte - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Visits Newfoundland in Battle with League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Trois Rivières to Visit Hertz Arena for First Time Wednesday - Florida Everblades
- Glads Set for Series in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Handle Mavericks, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toledo Walleye Stories
- Walleye Complete Sweep of Wheeling Nailers with 3-1 Game 4 Victory
- Walleye Hold off Nailers, 5-4, to Take 3-0 Series Lead
- Walleye Use Four-Goal Second Period to Earn 5-2 Win over Nailers
- Walleye Open Central Division Finals with 5-1 Victory over Wheeling
- Walleye Announce 2022-23 Schedule; Opening Night Is November 5