Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, lost, 4-2, to the Newfoundland Growlers Wednesday, Dec. 1, at Mary Brown's Centre in St. John's, Newfoundland. Pat Nagle made 27 saves on 31 shots, while Evan Cormier made 20 saves on 22 shots.
Bobby Lynch scored the game's first goal 12:56 into the second period to make it 1-0 for the Growlers on the power play. Thirty-seven seconds later, Jacob Pritchard reignited the Royals with an individual effort, streaking through the offensive zone before attempting a wraparound on his backhand side. His initial shot was stopped, but he lifted home the rebound to tie the game at one.
Just 30 seconds after Pritchard's goal, Newfoundland took the lead for good. Zach O'Brien scored his seventh goal of the season to make it 2-1.
Early in the third period, Ty Pelton-Byce stripped the puck from Patrick Bajkov in the neutral zone before walking in and firing the puck past Nagle glove-side, and then Todd Skirving scored just minutes later to make it 4-1. Jacob Pritchard scored his second goal on a five-on-three advantage with 10 minutes remaining in the game, marking his first time scoring more than once in an ECHL game, but it wasn't enough to spark a comeback.
The Royals play the Newfoundland Growlers Friday, Dec. 3 at 5:30 in Newfoundland.
Saturday, Dec. 11 vs. Adirondack - Affiliation Night! Celebrate the Royals' affiliation with the Flyers. Gritty will be at Santander Arena, a Kirill Ustimenko bobblehead will be given away presented by Savage Auto Group, the Royals will play on orange ice, fans will get chances to win gift cards during the game, and there will be a Teddy Bear Toss, postgame skate presented by T-Mobile, and postgame party presented by DoubleTree by Hilton Reading.
Buy tickets HERE: www.royalshockey.com/promotions
Reading Royals season, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2021-22 season by visiting the Royals' box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2021
- Railers Take Down Mariners in the Shootout 3-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Beat Gladiators, Remain Undefeated at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Lions Shock Blades in Three Goal Comeback - Florida Everblades
- Mandolese Shines in Narrow Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Defeat Komets in Tight Wednesday Contest - Indy Fuel
- Mariners Gain Point in Wild Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Double up Royals in 4-2 Win - Newfoundland Growlers
- Chaz Reddekopp Signs PTO with Tucson Roadrunners - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen: December 1, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 1 - ECHL
- Oilers Sign Goaltender Ryan Ruck - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings in Forward van Riemsdyk - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo's Berry Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Matt Berry Named ECHL Plus Performer of November - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Lions' Florida Road Trip Begins Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Rush Trade Kehler to Cincinnati for Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Kehler from Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Bring in Griff Jeszka - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kendall Mullens Selected as Teacher of the Month for November - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Heads to Iowa for First-Ever Meeting vs. Heartlanders - Wichita Thunder
- Fitzpatrick, Pecararo, and Zimmer Called to AHL Charlotte - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Visits Newfoundland in Battle with League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Trois Rivières to Visit Hertz Arena for First Time Wednesday - Florida Everblades
- Glads Set for Series in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Handle Mavericks, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center
- Ebbing Scores Twice as Royals Move into First Place